By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There's never gonna be another darkstalkers sequel because the guy in capcom got fired, also Vampire Savior 2 sucks

It was never going to happen anyway. Darkstalkers never sold well. Capcom is long past it's heyday of fighting games. Never going to be another Red Earth or Rivav Schools or Power Stone either. Just have to wait for someone to make something similar. Last Fight was supposed to be the indie version of Power Stone but man that game is too difficult.

I know I am never getting sequels to Capcom's Shmup library. At this point, I will settle for them adding Giga Wing 2 to the arcade games on Switch.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Love this fighting series since '90. How many coins I spent in Darkstalkers arcade cabinet!? :D
I also have Vampire Saviour on the Sega Saturn with its RAM expansion pack. ;)

As of today, it's unlikely to see a new episode of this series (and many others, in regards) since games development in this decade is targeting more film/tv-series styles of visual/presentation than in the golden age of gaming where games were more imaginative and creativity was at its peak.

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 27 May 2022

Capcom have such a library of fighting games that they aren't doing anything with. Star Gladiator is one of my favourite fighters but never going to see it again. Darkstalkers 3, Rival Schools... Ah well.

Hmm, pie.