By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anxiety attacks are super scary, I hate panicking for no reason.

I suffered from them for about three straight years. I would have them 24/7, even while I was sleeping. It was an absolute hell that I would wish on no one... but there IS one silver lining to having that particular problem: they can't really hurt you. When I came to that realization and stopped fighting them, and instead decided to live with them and let the panic and anxiety happen, they slowly started to recede until finally, they were gone altogether. I would say, okay... my chest may feel like it's going to cave in, my ribs may feel as if they are gonna break, my breath can be seemingly gone and my heart can flip and flop all it wants to... but I'm GOING to live my life today. And I would. I would go to the store, drive, shower... do all of those things while having 10-out-of-10 panic attacks. And by doing that, I managed to take the power away from them completely. Because remember, the fear of having a panic attack is usually the reason why you have one. It's about feeling powerless and out of control. So if you stop fearing them, they will eventually go away. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
SegaHeart said:

Everybody deserves to live long we only human, Ukrainians 3rd worlds countries, young people, the sick from diseses, good people, wish there was a possibility for 200 lifespan which is one of my dreams and diabetics like myself included to life over 200 years.

I'd rather we didn't die at all, but living 200 years could be the closest we ever come to that. I wish suicide never existed, then Robin Williams would still be with us, or at least die a way that's not nearly as horrible. -_-

Poor Robin Williams was very sick.  It was hard for anyone to believe how advanced his suspected lewy bodies dementia was.

He was suffering a lot.  Willie Nelson also has lewy bodies dementia, but isn’t reported to have reached as advanced a stage with the condition yet, but I worry for him sometimes as he approaches his 89th birthday.

I have schizoaffective disorder, which puts me on the spectrum for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.  There’s a few people like Amanda Bynes that are well known with a similar experience.  I occasionally have some pain issues and regular movement difficulties as well.  Still getting stuff diagnosed and treated.  Takes a few years.

Not sure if I can talk about mental health in a way that is particularly personable and helpful, but I do wish that you all get all the support you need.