By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

SvennoJ said:

Class act. Bless Zelenskyi.

Ukraine sends humanitarian flour shipment to Palestinians

Ukraine says that it had sent flour to the Palestinian territories as part of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s Grain from Ukraine initiative to ship free agricultural supplies to poor countries and regions.

“Palestine received 1,000 tons of wheat flour,” Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry posted on X.

“The shipment is the first of three deliveries intended for Palestine … It will support over 101,000 Palestinian families for a month,” it said.

How Ukraine Negotiated With the Taliban and Rescued 96 Afghans - The New York Times

This was another cool story a while back.

Also, Ukraine officially recognises Palestine, unlike America and many European countries.

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 July 2024

Keir's Europe messaging has been very strong, his first weeks in office focused on restarting relations with European countries, focused on Ukraine, Zelenskyy being Keir's first foreign visitor and first foreign leader to attend a cabinet meeting since Bill Clinton in 1997. Messaging is very much that UK's priority is Ukraine/Europe. So relieved our election was still a choice between two leaders who would support Ukraine because UK hasn't lost its fucking mind like America. Now we need to see further actions from the UK to back this messaging up.

Around the Network

"Maybe he really doesn't understand what is going on in Ukraine. We have to work with the US, if a new team will come, we have to work with them. It will be hard work, but we are not afraid of hard work," he said.

=

Not going to look forward to seeing Zelenskyy having to grovel for Trump's support because Trump is a sick cunt, he'll probably make him beg to save the lives of children, but Zelenskyy is 10x the man that Trump is and will likely do it for his country.

German Chancellor Scholz rejected Zelenskyi's call for Western allies to shoot down Russian missiles and drones over Ukraine and to lift restrictions on using Western weapons for strikes within Russia. Scholz made these remarks yesterday, at a press conference in The UK.

Asked whether he agreed with other NATO countries regarding Zelenskyi's calls, Scholz said: "I see such a consensus that such steps are out of the question, and the US has also been very clear about this."

===

Scholz you haven't even sent Taurus so shut the fuck up, why do you get a say at all? Piss off you fucking coward.

Also it's utterly pathetic to see the leader of Germany defer to "THE US HAS BEEN CLEAR ABOUT THIS" is this Europe or the United States?

Who'd thought Germany would have their own Neville Chamberlain.

It is very symbolic and important for all Ukrainians that we have such strong support and trust from the UK. This is the first meeting of the British Cabinet of this kind. I hope this new beginning will open up even more shared opportunities for Ukraine and the UK.

From the first days of this Russian war, our people have felt that Britain would not only stand by us but also help bring victory closer. I am grateful that British self-respect and their love of life have always resonated in their leadership—truly meaningful and helpful.

Britain has taken good steps, and every new move they have made has strengthened our men and women on the frontlines, our successes in the Black Sea, and our resilience as a nation, an army, and an entire society.

Russia fears such support. In Moscow, they know that here in London, there is the decision-making power that can steer this war towards its end—just and fair.

We have to remember that in many aspects, Russia is weaker. Their intelligence is weaker. Their diplomacy has turned into mere bribes, lies, or threats. Economically, they are not strong.

The only advantage Putin has is a large supply of Soviet-era weapons, money, and a disregard for human life. We must deprive him of money and the ability to produce more weapons. For his disregard of human life, he must pay—with losses and defeat.

How can we ensure this? We need long-range capability. By defending Ukraine against the Russian advance on Kharkiv in May-June, we've proven we can stop any Russian attempt to expand the war if restrictions on using Western weapons against the Russian military are lifted.

Once we can strike farther than just near the border, including Russian military airfields, we will not only protect ourselves from any Russian offensives but also secure our frontline positions and cities from Russian bombs.

Putin has no shame in hitting residential areas, city squares, hospitals, and schools with bombs. Russia uses about thirty-five hundred guided bombs per month. It is impossible to shoot them all down.

But it is possible to destroy all the bomb carriers. The UK should show leadership in this and convince other partners to remove the limits. This step is needed—a step that will force Russia to seek peace.

The energy with which the Prime Minister has started the work of the new Government is remarkable. Yesterday, there was a productive meeting with the defense industries, attended by the secretaries of defense and trade. I hope we will now work even more actively.

When making changes, it's crucial not to lose a single day. The faster you act, the more results you achieve. The same principle applies to pressure on Russia for the war—we must be as energetic as possible so the aggressor can't use any day to adapt to the pressure on him.

I thank Britain and all the partners who provide the real power of sanctions against Russia and who work with us for a solution that will allow all profits from frozen Russian assets to be used to defend against Russian aggression and later allow these assets to be confiscated. This is also just.

Nowadays, the sense of safety and security for each person cannot be separated from the overall security situation in the country and the state’s ability to defend itself. I appreciate the Cabinet’s task to make Britain and the whole of Europe safer and more secure. I hope success will be achieved.

Our bilateral security agreement with Britain was the first and, in many ways, exemplary for other agreements. We in Ukraine are extremely grateful for such leadership. I hope we can achieve the main goals of our agreement during the years this government is in office.

I really appreciate that our Ministers have just signed the Defense Industrial Support Treaty. We always have to keep in mind that security and defense cooperation between Ukraine and the UK always matters.

I invite Prime Minister Starmer to visit Ukraine, where he can see that for all Ukrainians, it is a privilege, and we are very thankful to the UK and its entire nation. We can work out as many details of our arrangements as possible so that our people—Ukrainians and Britons—can feel the results as soon as possible.

America can not be relied upon anymore, on the one hand, we have Biden who is being a coward, on the other hand we have Trump who is a backstabber and slobbers over Putin. Biden must realise there is a strong possibility that Democrats lose the election, a thing which would be dire for Ukraine. It's time to lift the restrictions to give Ukraine as much of a head start as possible and also stop interfering with allies decisions.

It is clear to me that the UK wanted to lift long-range restrictions on Ukraine but America likely made us back down, the decision should not be America's, Scholz should not be saying "America said it". The UK has often been a bridge between America and Europe, it's now time for the UK to step up and lead, America should defer decisions to the UK now before it's too late.

The UK should lead the way, lift the restrictions, take the first step, like we did with ATGMs, MBTs, Long-Range Missiles.

They're flowing through European waters? Get the Royal Navy on them.