By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Article 7? No? Alright.

Beyond tired at this point, I have little faith left in both America and Europe.

Around the Network

Then Europe does something brilliant, Lol.

Fuck yeah.

Stand strong, I hope they don't they don't budge.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 11 April 2024

Brilliant speech from Guy Verhofstadt.

The anger and passion.

Also unless he misspoke he said there are "100 systems in Europe"...In Europe...He may have meant "launchers" or he may have meant 100 worldwide, I sure hope he misspoke because 100 worldwide is ridiculous but 100 in Europe alone is insanity, Patriot is also operated outside of Europe in America, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, UAE and then Morocco in the future.

Around the Network

Latvia has set the target for 2024, 2025 and 2026 of providing the necessary military support to Ukraine in the amount of 0.25% of the gross domestic product annually, including military training and supplies of equipment and weapons across land, air, sea, and cyber-electromagnetic domains, provided the capabilities and resources available. 

Agreement Between Ukraine and the Republic of Latvia on Long-Term Support and Security Commitments — Official website of the President of Ukraine

Estonian Prime Minister Kaja Kallas was also saying that every member of the Ramstein group should channel the equivalent of 0.25% of their gross domestic product to Kyiv annually as well and have also themselves committed to 0.25% annually. Once again the Baltic States punching way above their weight.

Some countries haven't even reached 0.25% since the war began.

What I'd say is I'd be fine with saving his ass if he puts forth the Senate bill for a vote but if he puts forth some stupid loan package then pass it because sadly, even though it's not ideal and the Senate bill is far better, Ukraine doesn't really have much choice right now, they need any aid, whatever it can get, but do not save Johnson after the bill passes, only save him if it's the Senate bill.

Maybe if the Dems win House and Biden retains presidency they can just forgive the stupid loan come November anyway.

193 Democrats - 1 Republican.

Good stuff from Pelosi but ultimately irrelevant if Republicans don't grow a spine.