By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

America needs to stop talking, seriously, the Republicans are doing enough damage as it is, why are the Democrats insistent on adding fuel to the fire. Just shut the hell up about Russia/Ukraine until you actually start sending aid again. If it's about concerns over the oil prices then whatever, say it once and then shut up, why do they keep talking about it and making it even worse? Now they're basically accusing Ukraine of hitting civilian targets because people don't like their oil excuse. It was so easy to say something like "We have concerns about the oil market but..." then copy the statement which Finland gave that Ukraine is within its right to hit targets inside of Russia by the U.N. Charter.

• Ukraine: Can we have Taurus?
  • West: No.
  • Ukraine: Can we have ATACMS?
  • Ukraine: Can we have more Patriots?
  • Ukraine: Can we use Western Weaponry on Russian soil?
  • Ukraine: Can we use our own weapons on Russian soil?
  • West: No (Although we can't stop you).
  • Ukraine: Can we fight a war like an actual war, as you would fight one?
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 April 2024

Around the Network

10 to 1...

Germany has announced a new aid package for Ukraine.

In particular, Ukraine received:

・10 Warthog all-terrain tracked vehicles

・6,000 shells of 155 mm ammunition (from Bundeswehr and industrial warehouses)

・16 VECTOR reconnaissance drones with spare parts

・30 RQ-35 HEIDRUN reconnaissance drones

・30 frequency range extenders for anti-drone equipment

・2 WISENT-1 demining tanks with spare parts

・11 mobile, remotely operated and protected demining systems

・three mine plows

・70 thermal imagers

・24 outboard motors

・1 million rounds of ammunition for firearms (from Bundeswehr and industry stocks)

・680 MK 556 assault rifles

・50 HLR 338 high-precision rifles with 60,000 rounds of ammunition
・105 CR 308 rifles

Germany updated the list of military aid it has provided to Ukraine on March 28.

In particular, they added ammunition for Leopard tanks and other combat systems, as well as reconnaissance drones.

In addition, Germany announced that it has plans to provide Ukraine with 20 Marder armored personnel carriers, one Warthog all-terrain vehicle, 70 infrared cameras, and more missiles for the Patriot air defense system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/what-ukraine-received-in-recent-batch-of-military-aid-from-germany/ar-BB1loJ5D?ocid=msedgntp&pc=ASTS&cvid=1430adee745d4a4bfe26d0321cb39b13&ei=5

Last edited by shavenferret - on 10 April 2024

What's good for Israel isn't god enough for Ukraine lol, great logic by the US.

I mean bombing some oil refineries to slow down war machines is still 100000 steps ahead on the morality train than Israel has applied in Gaza. i.e. kill anything that moves.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

What's good for Israel isn't god enough for Ukraine lol, great logic by the US.

I mean bombing some oil refineries to slow down war machines is still 100000 steps ahead on the morality train than Israel has applied in Gaza. i.e. kill anything that moves.

I wonder what it is, surely America doesn't even believe in this shit that they're saying? When America themselves employ the same tactics and sometimes even worse, as I've said before, if this was America being attacked they would blitz the absolute hell out of the attacking country, so what is it? Are they just scrambling for a new excuse because the previous one was getting them criticism so now they're trying to make Ukraine look bad? Is it more typical western fear? The West plays "escalation management" more than "help Ukraine win the war" so it could be that.

If they wanted to use the oil reason then just keep using that reason, why the hell are they trying to make Ukraine look bad? You just say "We have concerns about the attacks in that they could have an affect on global oil prices (but there are many factors that could also do that) and so we would prefer that Ukraine didn't have to attack them but Ukraine is fighting an existential war and oil refineries are a legit military target and within Ukraine's right to attack in its defence of Russia's unlawful invasion"

BFR said:

100 Batteries.

A Patriot battery has six major components: a power plant, radar set, engagement control station, launcher stations, antenna mast group, and interceptor missiles (PAC-2s and PAC-3s).

Each battery tends to consist of around 6 launchers.

This is fucking ridiculous...100 Patriot Batteries and Ukraine only has 3 and is unable to even get a 4th.

Does Russia even have a conventional missile that could reach Western Europe?

They have ICBMs obviously but I'm pretty certain Patriot wouldn't be able to intercept most of those.

Ryu, in a perfect world, my USA would give THAAD (look it up) systems to Ukraine, they are much better at defeating ballistic missiles than Patriots. :)

BFR said:

Ryu, in a perfect world, my USA would give THAAD (look it up) systems to Ukraine, they are much better at defeating ICBMs than Patriots. :)

Yeah, Lol. In fairness, I don't think Patriot was ever designed to beat ICBMS, I'm not 100% sure though.

I just feel every country in Western Europe should be giving up most of their AD to Ukraine because these countries really aren't at risk at all, unless they believe Russia is going to lob an ICBM at them for the lulz which fine, it would be bad for that country, it would also mean the end of Russia still so they wouldn't do that. Why are the eastern European countries putting themselves more at risk than the western ones? It makes no sense, they're the first line of defence in a possible war with Russia.

The only one I can forgive a little is Greece thanks to that prick Erdogan.

America probably has a lot of these "100 batteries" though and we know America can't send anything right now thanks to scummy Republicans so it's on Europe to step up, or buy from America on behalf of Ukraine, the Republicans won't block a sale. Europe needs to start treating this as their war, either defeat Russia now in Ukraine or defeat Russia later, or maybe one day "little green men" start popping up in Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, causing trouble and trying to claim their "independence" which Russia will conveniently back.

I also wonder why it wouldn't be possible for Poland and Romania to give Ukraine a Patriot each but on the promise that they remain in Lviv and Chernivtsi respectively, I mean, it wouldn't be an ideal situation but at least it would offer protection for those areas but also, the Patriot system would still cover Poland and Romania's border so in a way, those two countries would still be being protected by a Patriot system, it would just be operating in Ukraine...Feel like it could be a half step at least, Idk...Better than nothing.