By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Today, Olaf Scholz and I signed an Agreement on security cooperation and long-term support between Ukraine and Germany.

This is an unprecedented document that guarantees German support for Ukraine in the amount of €7 billion for this year. It envisages weapons delivery under agreed contracts. The agreement also contains Germany’s clear position on sanctions against the aggressor, tribunal, and frozen assets.

The agreement also includes a mechanism for urgent consultations in the event of Russia’s military assault on Ukraine.

I am grateful to Germany and all Germans for their solidarity with our country and people, as well as all the support and assistance.

UK-Ukraine_Agreement_on_Security_Co-Operation

Germany-Ukraine_Agreement_on_Security_Co-Operation

France Signs Security Pact With Ukraine, Pledges 'Up To €3 Billion' In Additional Military Aid

Around the Network

Tactical loss but the correct decision.

Would have lasted longer if not for the Republicans.

Maybe I was wrong about Syrskyi...

Tucker Carlson: But the grocery stores are so good!

Around the Network

Err...Maybe Patriot again?

New details emerge on potential Russian nuclear space weapon

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/new-details-emerge-on-potential-russian-nuclear-space-weapon/vi-BB1iqp6Q?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=38beee92481b466eb067a8ef2eea5003&ei=31#details

It's an EMP style weapon.

BFR said:

New details emerge on potential Russian nuclear space weapon

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/new-details-emerge-on-potential-russian-nuclear-space-weapon/vi-BB1iqp6Q?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=38beee92481b466eb067a8ef2eea5003&ei=31#details

It's an EMP style weapon.

Step 1: Give Ukraine as many drones as we can muster.

Step 2: Tell Ukraine they can use them however they see fit, they are no longer our drones.

Step 3: Ukraine unleashes a storm of drones across Russian facilities across the country.

Maybe some of those facilities coincidentally end up being ones used to build these weapons.

I don't think Russia will do anything with the weapon but I don't love the idea of Russia breaking a treaty signed by most of the world and then likely creating an arms race to arm outer space with hundreds of weapons of mass destruction. That should be avoided and it won't be avoided by telling Russia "Please don't do that" It's simple, they need to be weakened to the point they don't even have the capability.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 February 2024

BFR said:

Causally finding 800,000 shells...Based Czech.

However, he emphasized the need for funding to facilitate the transportation of these ammunition supplies. Pavel outlined the Czech Republic's innovative approach, searching globally for military supplies and collaborating with NATO partners such as Denmark, the Netherlands, and Canada. The Czech Republic aims to secure support from the USA, Germany, Sweden, and other potential allies to fund and expedite the delivery of these shells to Ukraine.

This is a no brainer! Someone fund it! Western Europe or America could easily fund it.

MUNICH, Germany — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said he was willing to take U.S. presidential hopeful Donald Trump, a long-time skeptic of Washington's support for Kyiv, to the war-battered front lines of Ukraine.

Speaking at the Munich Security Conference, Zelenskyy on Saturday said that he had already welcomed the Republican frontrunner to see first hand the impact of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine, but that the decision to come rests with Trump.

"I invited him [Trump] publicly, but it depends on his wishes," he said in response to an audience question, asking whether Zelenskyy would ask Trump to come to Kyiv.

"If Mr. Trump will come, I'm ready to go with him to the front lines," he added.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a CNBC request for comment.

Zelenskyy ready to take Donald Trump to Ukraine's front line

Draft dodger Trump? Lmao. He wouldn't dare.

I know Zelenskyy knows Trump won't take him up on his offer but I wouldn't trust Trump with ANYTHING to do with Zelenskyy, he would for sure leak everything to Putin.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 February 2024