By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Good summary of what lead to the crash.

Around the Network

Lol. Jesus. Russia demolished the Wagner cemetery set up by Prigozhin.

Just trying to erase Wagner from history, Lol.

I still can't quite believe how dumb Prigozhin was, how dumb Utkin was, after all of this, Wagner one of the most feared mercenary groups, now down to nothing, Prigozhin will go down in history as the fool who couped Putin and then flew around in his backyard. What's more, I can't believe they didn't even have a backup plan in the event of their deaths, it's just nothing, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 August 2023

The Sabotage Assault Reconnaissance Group (DShRG) "Rusich" is a Russian far-right and neo-Nazi paramilitary unit that has been fighting against Ukrainian forces in the Russo-Ukrainian War. Its co-founder and leader is Alexey Milchakov and operates within the Wagner Group. "Rusich" fought on the side of pro-Russian military in the Donbas war from June 2014 to July 2015, and in the Russian invasion of Ukraine alongside Russian troops.

"I can't say who did it . . . But I know Putin. He is a prudent, very calm and even slow-paced person," Lukashenko said on Friday. The presumed assassination was "too rough, unprofessional work" to be the Russian's president's.

Financial Times

Mark Milley, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, in an interview with Al-Mamlaka TV

"Signs are growing that Ukrainian forces have penetrated the first line of Russian defenses along part of the southern front lines in Zaporizhzhia region, and are expanding a wedge in the direction of the strategic town of Tokmak.

… Now, several Russian military bloggers are painting a gloomy picture of the front line situation for Moscow's forces in parts of the south."

Ukrainians Seem to Have Broken Through Russians' First Defence Line in South – СNN | Ukrainska Pravda

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

"I can't say who did it . . . But I know Putin. He is a prudent, very calm and even slow-paced person," Lukashenko said on Friday. The presumed assassination was "too rough, unprofessional work" to be the Russian's president's.

Financial Times

Putin is so calm and slow-paced, he once waited a full 15 minutes before ordering a journalist to be thrown out the window.

- Lukashenko probably.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 25 August 2023

the-pi-guy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Financial Times

Putin is so calm and slow-paced, he once waited a full 15 minutes before ordering a journalist to be thrown out the window.

- Lukashenko probably.

Putin is so slow-paced that he likes his assassination to take weeks to complete https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko 

Finland can add insult to injury by extraditing this fucker to Ukraine.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 August 2023

Ryuu96 said:

I still can't quite believe how dumb Prigozhin was, how dumb Utkin was, after all of this, Wagner one of the most feared mercenary groups, now down to nothing, Prigozhin will go down in history as the fool who couped Putin and then flew around in his backyard. What's more, I can't believe they didn't even have a backup plan in the event of their deaths, it's just nothing, Lol.

In the vid I posted above they say that U.S. intelligence believe Prigozhin's family may have been taken hostage, or something like that, which is why the coup was halted and they turned around. If that's the case it's understandabbly why they stopped. But if they planned to do something like that they should have hidden their families first.

Last edited by Hiku - on 25 August 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Lol. Jesus. Russia demolished the Wagner cemetery set up by Prigozhin.

Just trying to erase Wagner from history, Lol.

As funny as that is, if I was Russian living in Russia I would seriously be concerned with that action. Just shows how authoritarian the country is in reality and they do not care that these men died for Russia, even though the war was not justified. It will be like North Korea soon, with compulsory pictures of Putin on the wall in each home and random time inspections to see if they kept dust free.