By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

crissindahouse said:

Russia throwing missiles at Kyiv while African leaders are there. And South Africa as example is leaning more towards Russia as to Ukraine and the West in this war. Or at least they never said anything against Russia. Hope it will change. I would be pretty pissed if I would be in Kyiv

Intimidation tactis, if you're leaning towards or dependent on Russia they will terrorize you and let you know you have no business traveling to Kyiv. If you stand against them they don't dare to do shit. 

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

Russia throwing missiles at Kyiv while African leaders are there. And South Africa as example is leaning more towards Russia as to Ukraine and the West in this war. Or at least they never said anything against Russia. Hope it will change. I would be pretty pissed if I would be in Kyiv

What Russia does to its allies. South Africa has been at best, a fence sitter in the conflict and at worst, accommodating towards Russia. Most recently, South Africa was going to host Putin at the BRICS summit but the International Arrest Warrant came out and South Africa has now been scrambling to find a way how to keep Putin at the event but without having to arrest him, Lmao.

Their "peace plan" is likely as stupid as Brazil and China's "peace plan" which requires Ukraine to give up territory in exchange for "peace" and if it is then they can shove it up their ass. I doubt anything will change, these countries (Brazil, China, South Africa, etc), have seen how utterly disgusting Russia has been during the whole war, they don't care, they'll probably excuse Russia firing missiles at Kyiv whilst they're in Kyiv.

I thank all our soldiers, each unit, each combat brigade, for today's battles.

I would like to highlight some in particular. Operational-strategic groups Khortytsia and Tavria, paratroopers of our powerful 80th air assault brigade, soldiers of our 23rd separate mechanized brigade, marines of the 35th and 37th separate brigades, soldiers of the 128th separate mountain assault Transcarpathian brigade and the 128th separate territorial defense brigade. Thank you all, guys, for your performance! For strength, courage and for returning Ukrainian land to Ukraine and strengthening our Ukrainian will.

Glory to each and every one who is currently in battle, at combat posts and combat missions! Glory to all who train our soldiers, who treat and rehabilitate defenders after injuries!

Thanks to everyone in the world who helps.

And by the way, "Ramstein" was quite effective today.

Let's get stronger!
Glory to Ukraine!

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

Some crazy speeches from African leaders on Facebook a few weeks ago supporting Russia.

Gist of it is we with Russia, time to change the west is wrong, West done crimes to in iraq as no weapons of mass destructions so how cna we arrest Putin.

It's crazy how Kinzhal's being taken down is now so casually posted alongside other missiles, from being touted as some unstoppable deadly missile to becoming just like every other missile against tech from the 1980's (Patriot).

Lol.

We're going to see a T-54 captured by Ukraine soon.

'This is Misinformation, and Untrue' Says South African Presidency Amid Reports of Kyiv Explosions

WARSAW — Vincent Magwenya, President Cyril Ramaphosa's spokesperson, has disputed reports of explosions in Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital.

Reuters reported that air raid sirens howled in the city earlier today and that explosions could be heard while Ramaphosa was in the city.

There are no South African journalists with the president in Kyiv, only government officials. Reuters however continues to report from the city.

Magwenya disputed the Reuters report and shared a video he took of the city.

"This was the time when the so called explosion happened. I took the video from the hotel here in Kyiv. It's very strange that we didn't hear or see an explosion. There's obviously some deliberate misinformation being spread here. People are going on about their day. As we expected this mission was never going to be easy but some of the hurdles are deeply disturbing, like the treatment you all received and others outright amusing, like this so called explosion."

When asked if he disputes the Reuters account, he said: "From my own experience and those I am travelling with, yes, I am disputing it. Watch the video I shared. We were all perplexed when we were taken back to the hotel and passed streets where people were going on about their day as normal. It's very strange and is, in a way, deliberate misinformation."

LIVE | News24

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 June 2023