By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One day we'll see the rise of AA gaming from few indie developers that are growing currently

I might be wrong but I think some Indie developers with a huge name like Yahyt club games (Shovel Knight), Super Giant (Hades, Bastion) and more upcoming Indie developers that put in effort in their games like hades and Hollow Knight will grow into AA sized one day. While the consolidation continues likes of these horrible Owners Tencent, EA , Netease . vs the better Owners Microsoft , Sony , Taketwo. I won't list Embracer group their motives are unknown . I think few Indie's like mentioned will turn to AA if not then maybe another generations?

Last edited by SegaHeart - 4 days ago

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Indies are already a big deal! Some of my favorite games are indie games.

I`m pretty sure some of the most sucessful ones will have organic growth and reach a point of A or even AA given time or investment. Isn`t Mediatonic (Fall Guys dev) somewhat of this origin?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

I`m pretty sure some of the most sucessful ones will have organic growth and reach a point of A or even AA given time or investment. Isn`t Mediatonic (Fall Guys dev) somewhat of this origin?

Maybe? I didn't know that started in AA instead of small indie? If they are AA that's ? Oh I guess it makes sense they added 3rd party skins from other companies.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.