By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Curb Your Enthusiasm - MGO Delayed for Everyone but Japan

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/ Konami's rather "noobish" handling of the globalization of their Metal Gear Online beta has already pissed off a fair share of people, due to such issues as update/registration failures and unusable codes. Tonight, Konami of Japan has announced the MGO beta will be delayed for all parts of the world except Japan, planning to slowly roll out the service starting in Japan, then opening server access to Europe and then North America. [EDIT] Starting Date: TBA [Announcement set for April 22nd 23:00PM (PDT)] Ending Date: May 11th 24:00AM (PDT).

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Around the Network

This shows how backwards japanese companies are when it comes to online gaming. Both sony and nintendos online cant hold a candle to xbox live. Shane B of 1up has said that in japan it is rude to send someone a message while they are gaming. Dammit its not rude and this isnt japan. Get your crap together and embrace the future. That last part was off topic but could explain one reason why XMB has been so late

I kinda think its worth the one day wait if its extended that long. They could have done a better job preparing, though. jboogie 92 if anyone wants to play( game id)

Play B3yond

dabaus513 said:
This shows how backwards japanese companies are when it comes to online gaming. Both sony and nintendos online cant hold a candle to xbox live. Shane B of 1up has said that in japan it is rude to send someone a message while they are gaming. Dammit its not rude and this isnt japan. Get your crap together and embrace the future. That last part was off topic but could explain one reason why XMB has been so late

What is wrong with you? Microsft simply has had more time to develop their online system. And the Halo 3 beta had problems on day 1 as well so your arguement is completely invalid.

Play B3yond

One day delay but we get an extra five days of play time. I'm not complaining. I'll just sit here staring blankly at the MGO start screen until Tuesday night.

Around the Network

Its NOT a one day delay. There simply making an anouncement on the 22nd, it'll probably be a 5 day delay (reason for giving a 5 day extension to the Beta end date)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
JBoogie said:
dabaus513 said:

What is wrong with you? Microsft simply has had more time to develop their online system. And the Halo 3 beta had problems on day 1 as well so your arguement is completely invalid.
Whats wrong? Im a bit pissed at konami for screwing my beta code, mine has 10 of the 12 needed numbers/letters. This event shows how unprepared most japanese developed games are when it comes to online. Capcom is making progress and  Imsure every company has that X game that has decent online but for the most part japan is way behind in terms of online and whether they want to embrace it or not it is the future.

Gah!!! I hope it is this week :) or I'll be sad :( Lucky I got Broken Mirror to keep me going :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I'm disappointed about it, but at least it'll give me time for my bluetooth headset to get here.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.