By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN messaging on PC, help

I'm trying to get messaging to work on PC. It's no longer supported on the playstation site, and the only way seems to be using the mobile Playstation app. Yet my stuff I want to send is on my laptop (besides that, I don't have a phone)

I've tried LDPlayer, it works, playstation app works, but you can't scroll down to the bottom. So can't enter messages /facepalm. I tried different resolution, resizing the window, but it's bugged. Cannot scroll all the way down to the bottom. Uninstalled.

I tried NoxPlayer. It won't download anything, just displays add and wants me to install storage safe. Uninstalled.

Now trying to install Bluestacks 5.

Does anyone know a better way to get messaging on PC besides downloading every known Android emulator in existence. (Which requires a lot of searching to clean up again. They leave stuff all over the place which uninstall doesn't clean up ugh)

Sony is on a roll, how to make things worse sigh. It was so easy just to paste some pictures into the website messaging. These Android emulators are awful, font sizes for mobiles on PC yuck. Plus screens full of anime characters lol. I just want to send a picture...

Around the Network

It's not the emulator, it's the app I guess. Can't scroll to the bottom with BlueStacks 5 either. How do I send a message sigh.

I don't use PSN messaging myself but I do use the "Your Phone" app that allows me to link my phone to my PC and access my phone apps on my PC. Have you tried that? It does work with Discord and text messages.

Edit: Never mind, I missed the "I don't have a phone" portion.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You can try side loading Playstation Android App if you have Windows 11:

https://www.howtogeek.com/764610/how-to-sideload-android-apps-on-windows-11/

I haven't tried this myself however.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I figured it out. I had to rotate the virtual phone to get all messages to display. The app only works correctly in vertical orientation.

It's still a pain in the ass though. You can't copy paste links into the chat (or anything) and you can only add images via drag and drop or import/export through the media manager. Why not just a simple folder to put stuff in. It looks like it goes into a virtual SD card as file manager cannot find the files you drop on the 'phone'.

Hopefully Sony will release a Playstation App for PC. Kinda odd they're now releasing games on PC yet you need a phone (or Android emulator) to access psn...

Around the Network

I was going to suggest BlueStacks but... yeah. I got nothing.