By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you play the Battlefield 2042 beta?

I didn't get a chance to check it out, but from what I've seen from gaming YouTubers and Reddit posts, it's not promising lol.

I thought it was weird that there was only going to be a single beta just a month before launch, whereas previously, Battlefield has had multiple betas months before launch. Even then, there's rarely been a smooth launch. Battlefield 1 being the only exception that I can remember in recent memory.

Here's a video from one of my favorite YouTubers going everything that went wrong in the beta. And it sounds like it's literally every single aspect of the game lol. 

Battlefield 2042 is a Broken Disaster & Needs to Be Delayed - YouTube

Did you have a similar experience or did the beta run pretty well for you?

Around the Network

You don't recommend 2042? I might have access to the Beta, idk if it's worth the install though.

That's a damn shame. Why do so many developers always have so many issues launching their online multiplayers?

I tried to get it on the Sunday after I downloaded on Saturday, it never connected. Not sure if it was still live at the time.

Hmm, pie.

I watched some gameplay videos and the amount of pop-in I found distracting and game breaking for me. When I play shooters I'm always twitch aiming and shooting once I'm in the zone. If a bush, brush, small tree, rock, or any other object suddenly appears out of my peripheral I'm gonna automatically turn and aim in that direction thinking it is enemy movement. I'm passing on this one for now.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Also; if you are taking cover behind an object and think you are hidden, that object may not have rendered in on your opponent's screen and so you're just either laying out there or standing out there in plain sight before that object renders in for them.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.