By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have a US PS2 I wanna play japanese PS1 games how do I play them?

A swap magic would do it. Other than that, only a mod chip... as far as I know.

Around the Network

Buy a series s, and then buy the developer kit. You can play every single console within 20 minutes.

我是广州人

Maybe I thinking of the slims but swaps discs don't work.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Option 1: Emulation. If you have a DVD drive on your PC, you can easily dump your games. PS1 emulators aren't very demanding.
Option 2: Free McBoot / MechaPwn. Look it up. Here's an overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhFYwCPSZns

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 15 October 2021

dx11332sega said:
JackHandy said:

A swap magic would do it. Other than that, only a mod chip... as far as I know.

That kinda looks hard , compared to Sega versions .

I used to use a swap disk back in the day and it really wasn't. At least with the one I had. You just turn on your system, put the disk in, wait for it to tell you it's ready, then get your little plastic thing-a-ma-jigger out, stick it in between the tray and where the tray comes out, hook it, pull it out, swap the magic disk for the disk you want to play, push it back in and hit the corresponding button on the controller. Done and done.

Leynos said:

Yes, you are correct. As far as I know, it didn't work on the Slim.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
JackHandy said:

I used to use a swap disk back in the day and it really wasn't. At least with the one I had. You just turn on your system, put the disk in, wait for it to tell you it's ready, then get your little plastic thing-a-ma-jigger out, stick it in between the tray and where the tray comes out, hook it, pull it out, swap the magic disk for the disk you want to play, push it back in and hit the corresponding button on the controller. Done and done.

Leynos said:

Yes, you are correct. As far as I know, it didn't work on the Slim.

I saw the video I got scared, I have a Fat PS2 . 

Understandable, but there's no reason to be. It's very simple lol.

Last edited by JackHandy - on 16 October 2021

this should do the job.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Are japanese games not ntsc ?
If not only a chip can make you play those games

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS