By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2021 Expectations From a Reasonable Human Being

Heading into E3 is always exciting, but imaginations tend to run wild. That's not me, I'm a person who just wants a Nintendo Switch Pro that projects its image directly into your retinas. Reasonable, right?! And maybe a proper PSVR2 announcement from Sony? Oh oh, and more Xbox exclusives based on Phil's shelves!... Reasonable!

And yes, I AM that person who talks about all three consoles in the same video!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

I think proper PSVR2 stuff with HW/SW running on the device/dev kits will at the earliest be shown at GDC2022.

That they talked about it at all this year was imo just them acknowledging the reality, that word on it will leak out anyway once they send out dev kits.

Lafiel said:

I think proper PSVR2 stuff with HW/SW running on the device/dev kits will at the earliest be shown at GDC2022.

That they talked about it at all this year was imo just them acknowledging the reality, that word on it will leak out anyway once they send out dev kits.

Honestly, I don't think it will be fully unveiled until 2022 either, but as mentioned in the vid, I think they should at least show the headset so that we know what the full hardware looks like.  That would definitely build hype since VR has a bit of a lull right now (the last big thing was Half-Life: Alyx with the Index), and Sony keeps trying to push the PSVR as it is, likely trying to recoup VR R&D costs.

^^/
Mar1217 said:

Since we've got nothing from Nintendo this week alluding to a Switch Pro reveil, I'd say some people will need to back their expectations when it comes to big western 3rd party.

... T-the... THE SWITCH PRO IS REAL, IT MUST BE! D:

lol

^^/

Important stuff first, who besides yourself believes that you are human let alone reasonable ?

I also agree with @Lafiel  GDC 2022 is most likely the earliest date for any meaningful PSVR2 reveal.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

Important stuff first, who besides yourself believes that you are human let alone reasonable ?

I also agree with @Lafiel  GDC 2022 is most likely the earliest date for any meaningful PSVR2 reveal.

You *beep* are not able to *beep boop* determine whether I am *beep beep* *bzzzssstttt* t-they're... ont-to meeeee *booooop*

padib said:

I love your videos man. This industry really needs this humor.

Thanks, man! As long as I'm giving someone a chuckle, then I guess I'm accomplishing something!

^^/

Life would be incredibly boring without hype. I don't care if my wishes doesn't always come true. The fact that I can think of the possibilities in itself is a pleasure to me.

Vodacixi said:

Life would be incredibly boring without hype. I don't care if my wishes doesn't always come true. The fact that I can think of the possibilities in itself is a pleasure to me.

Well, you're mixing up hopes and dreams with expectations, lol... Of course I dream of a new F-Zero, a fully remade Eternal Darkness, and loads of other things.  But what I expect remains tempered because this is Nintendo we're talking about.  Hell, I'm still that guy hoping for an actual Zelda that's built like the Wii U Zelda tech demo... lmao

mZuzek said:
Vodacixi said:

*Philosophical E3 expectations*

Nah, he's accurate in talking about having hopes and dreams, as I do, too.  I just EXPECT differently because, well, "that's life"

EDIT: Typo.

^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
Vodacixi said:

Well, you're mixing up hopes and dreams with expectations, lol... Of course I dream of a new F-Zero, a fully remade Eternal Darkness, and loads of other things.  But what I expect remains tempered because this is Nintendo we're talking about.  Hell, I'm still that guy hoping for an actual Zelda that's built like the Wii U Zelda tech demo... lmao

mZuzek said:

*Philosophical E3 expectations*

Nah, he's accurate in talking about having hopes and dreams, as I do, too.  I just EXPECT differently because, well, "that's life"

EDIT: Typo.

Nah, my expectations are always high ^^

I expected nothing and so far I'm still let down. I honestly don't expect anything to care about this E3. I hope to be wrong. Sure some people will be surprised when Persona 5 comes to Gamepass or whatever. 2019 gave me some real surprises. Mana collection. Trials of Mana remake. Panzer Dragoon remake. No More Heroes III.

E3 2018 brought me Devil May Cry V. I think Metal Wolf Chaos HD was announced that year. Then Tales of Vesperia HD. I won't go back every year. Just usually there is at least one thing. So far this E3/Summer of Games. Has been a shit show to me. Not a single thing. So I am not expecting anything to surprise me. Updates on SMTV or something yeah. I expect to accept after this E3. Bayonetta 3 is vaporware.

Last edited by Leynos - on 13 June 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!