By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Arc systems is doing a terrible job selling their games

they should release their games on ps5 and xbox and have xbox boost sales through gamepass and microsoft give nice bag of cash for being there, then a surprise announcement on a switch version now that gamepass provided enough hype , I see noone cares for fighting ex layer on forums most of them since it's sales bombed hard and could of hyped on xbox gamepass to give it a boost on swich afterwards , I feel some devs put their games out to die? same happen with bbtag and undernight irrilevant and skullgirls obscurity, blade strangers example of dieing. those games use low graphics but skip xbox only to be irrelevant again . I do want more switch games yes, but many fighting games and others died since fighting games are not as demanding as jrpgs.same with shmups and other genres sent to die.



I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

Around the Network

I really wanted to play Fighting ex layer and King of fighter 14. But im a xbox player. Snk and Arc sys should put theirs games in gamepass and swicht.
Fughting games are niche. They need to release this games in all platforms.



Loneken said:

I really wanted to play Fighting ex layer and King of fighter 14. But im a xbox player. Snk and Arc sys should put theirs games in gamepass and swicht.
Fughting games are niche. They need to release this games in all platforms.

Killer instinct had 10 million thanks to gamepass



I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

dx11332sega said:

have xbox boost sales through gamepass and microsoft give nice bag of cash for being there

Not as easy as you think. If Microsoft aren't asking you to be on gamepass, then that means you're asking (begging) them to be on there. When you're the one begging they're in the position to offer you a very low amount.

Consider it like this, you're hungry and somebody's selling sandwiches. You really want a sandwich so you'll pay whatever they're asking. If you're already holding a sandwich though and somebody tries to offer you another sandwich, you'd probably just tell them to take a hike. You don't need anymore sandwiches, and even if you did want a 2nd one you wouldn't be willing to pay as much for it as your 1st sandwich.



dx11332sega said:

they should release their games on ps5 and xbox and have xbox boost sales through gamepass and microsoft give nice bag of cash for being there, then a surprise announcement on a switch version now that gamepass provided enough hype , I see noone cares for fighting ex layer on forums most of them since it's sales bombed hard and could of hyped on xbox gamepass to give it a boost on swich afterwards , I feel some devs put their games out to die? same happen with bbtag and undernight irrilevant and skullgirls obscurity, blade strangers example of dieing. those games use low graphics but skip xbox only to be irrelevant again . I do want more switch games yes, but many fighting games and others died since fighting games are not as demanding as jrpgs.same with shmups and other genres sent to die.

A studio like Arc Systems only has so much money at their disposal to get stuff done. Not only are they working on games, they're also in the publishing business. GBV still had DLC released for it.

Even a game like FF14 from a company like SE is has basically been skipping Xbox. The reasoning is that they can't do the porting, work on the DLC, and maintain so many platforms without without the constant updates suffering for it. And those updates are the lifeline that keeps the game going.

The point is that cash is not some endless supply. Work schedules are not limitless. If Arc System is not going Xbox versions is because they 1) either can't do so based on their current business plan, or 2) they are happy with sales the way they are. Let's not forget they they do PC releases, too.

dx11332sega said:
Loneken said:

I really wanted to play Fighting ex layer and King of fighter 14. But im a xbox player. Snk and Arc sys should put theirs games in gamepass and swicht.
Fughting games are niche. They need to release this games in all platforms.

Killer instinct had 10 million thanks to gamepass

Killer Instinct was F2P. It was also designed for Xbox and Windows only, and is MS published. 

It's not even remotely the same as companies like Arc System and SNK.



Around the Network

Sometimes its not that they failed to sell their games, but rather being somewhat unappealing

Fighting EX Layer just looks so unappealing as if it was a SF IV clone in looks, compared to Guilty Gear & Dragon Ball Fighter Z which both sold gangbusters for the use to unique 2.5D animations

Last edited by B6a6es - on 23 February 2021

B6a6es said:

Sometimes its not that they failed to sell their games, but rather being somewhat unappealing

Fighting EX Layer just looks so unappealing as if it was a SF IV clone in looks, compared to Guilty Gear & Dragon Ball Fighter Z which both sold gangbusters for the use to unique 2.5 animations

I think dragon ball will sell always because of brand name, as for guilty gear all of them sold poorly, sign, rev,rev 2 all couldn't break 1 million players respectively which I've seen on vgchartz sales before??????

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 23 February 2021

I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber



I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

dx11332sega said:

Well tbf, the game sales figures are way undertracked in VGcharts (GTA V on PS4 is still under 20M since 2014 ?!?! Despite still being on top 15 to this day)

not to mention the lack of PC/Steam sales figures, which btw increased considerably for GG Xrd after Fighter Z reveal in 2017

http://shoryuken.com/2017/06/13/sudden-boom-seen-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-owners-after-dragon-ball-fighterz-announcement/



B6a6es said:
dx11332sega said:

Well tbf, the game sales figures are way undertracked in VGcharts (GTA V on PS4 is still under 20M since 2014 ?!?! Despite still being on top 15 to this day)

not to mention the lack of PC/Steam sales figures, which btw increased considerably for GG Xrd after Fighter Z reveal in 2017

http://shoryuken.com/2017/06/13/sudden-boom-seen-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-owners-after-dragon-ball-fighterz-announcement/

Ok, It does say it's gotten a boost, I wish there were more written there. Wish arc system showed how much has been sold?



I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber