By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia's Foundation to Buy 51% Stake in SNK

Fighting Games are so big in Saudi/Gulf Countries (especially Tekken)

Unless Saudi’s force some kind of Censorship then I wouldn’t worry much about it

if your worried about shady investments from countries with Human-Rights concerns then you might wanna check out Tencent as well.

Around the Network

RIP SNK I will miss you

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It is not unusual. Saudi Arabia elites have a lot of money. They tried to buy sponsorship into e-sports with Riot's League of Legends European division. Everyone including staff protested and managed to get it stopped, but the staff suffered unknown consequences.

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

RIP SNK I will miss you

I'm thinking of deleting all the SNK games I have on Switch now, even though Metal Slug 2/X has a level where I get to pretend I'm gunning down members of the Saudi regime.

That's going a little far IMO. Their classic games will always be great and I will always love 90s SNK with Neo Geo. I just cannot support this guy for dismembering someone.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

CaptainExplosion said:
Farsala said:

It is not unusual. Saudi Arabia elites have a lot of money. They tried to buy sponsorship into e-sports with Riot's League of Legends European division. Everyone including staff protested and managed to get it stopped, but the staff suffered unknown consequences.

These cockroaches are infesting everything they can get their oil dripping hands on.

If this were a just world then Saudi elites wouldn't be getting away with this horse shit constantly.

And here i thought racism like this only existed on Twitter and Facebook.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
B6a6es said:

Fighting Games are so big in Saudi/Gulf Countries (especially Tekken)

Unless Saudi’s force some kind of Censorship then I wouldn’t worry much about it

if your worried about shady investments from countries with Human-Rights concerns then you might wanna check out Tencent as well.

I don't buy from Tencent anyway.

Knowing what a dystopian hellhole Saudi Arabia is we can not only see Mai Shiranui in a burka, but SNK games are bound to be filled with propaganda against non-Muslims and Holocaust denial.

Fuck Saudi Arabia.

Those are quite big leaps there. I'm gonna assume you also stay clear from any US made games then. Games made in dystopian hellholes just aren't worth it.

And no, you're not gonna weasel yourself out with "But but but I totally only meant the Saudi elites." Your violent reaction to it makes it pretty apparent what your issue is. Not to mention that a lot of "non-elite" Saudi Arabians follow and embrace their leaders' human rights abuses. As do plenty of Americans.

Last edited by vivster - on 28 November 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Oil barons like to diversify their investments, and considering how wildly the oil price has varied this year, I can see why they could invest in safer bussinesses.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.