Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis Remastered: PC (raytracing, 8K textures, EGS exclusive) releases Sept 18 on PC, PS4, Xbox One

CGI-Quality said:

The long wait is almost over - it is Official! Crysis Remastered is coming to your favorite gaming platforms on 18th September 2020. PC gamers can expect high-quality textures up to 8K resolution, Global Illumination (SVOGI), new light settings, motion blur and ray tracing. The PC version will additionally support NVIDIA DLSS technology and hardware-based ray tracing using NVIDIA’s VKRay Vulkan extension, for NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPU!

Well the game released a month ago so no wait from my side

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network

So I won't be even considering the game in a year, after which I'll probably have to wait for at least a year or two before it might hit a suitable price point. Neat! Well, I'm patient and I have a huge backlog, so it's not too bad, but could be better. Also, at this point I'm not too worried about the tech part, but considering the gameplay cuts/simplifications in the Switch version, I'm still somewhat worried. I guess I'll have to wait and see before passing judgement though.

looks mint

SKMBlake said:
CGI-Quality said:

pic

Well the game released a month ago so no wait from my side

Eh, you got the nachos in the lead up to the meal ;P

Remember what I said in here: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/236763/next-generation-benchmark-report-card-thread/1/

I mentioned that, going forward, devs would start using 8192x8192 tex. files for their games (what I used on some of the bump maps on my characters). This is the beginning of that, particularly as bump maps will start to be completely replaced with Normals only.!

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Dulfite said:
My only time playing Crysis felt like a combination of gritting my teeth to a painful extent, have a surging headache, pressure in my face, and feeling extremely sad.

Sounds like taking a shit tbh

Maybe he was playing on a laptop?