By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think is Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony's favorite console?

What do you think is each company overall favorite console and why? I'll Start the thread off with my opinion.

Microsoft : Probably the PS3 because thanks to Sony screwing up badly with the launch, people went ahead and gave the 360 a try. I remember that the 360 first year of sales weren't that impressive and everyone was waiting for the PS3 to release. However, Sony messed up big time and forced people to purchase the competitors' console and a lot of once third party exclusives went to Xbox 360 such as FF and DMC. The 360 is the first time Microsoft had any real relevance in the console space and it is all thanks to the PS3.

Nintendo : NES because this is what got Nintendo in the video game space and the creation of a lot of flaship IPs such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Kirby.

Sony : I have no doubt it is the N64. PS1 success was all because of Nintendo's arrogance that drove a lot of third party developers to Playstation. FF7, FF8, FF9, Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Tekken, Spyro and a lot more. PS1 ended up being a world wide brand which is something even Xbox hasn't acheive. Every playstation console has to pay respects to PS1 for starting it all and stubborn Nintendo.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 09 June 2020

Around the Network

Sony? PS5.  They are an electronics company, so they are excited about the latest tech.

Nintendo? The Gamecube.  So many of their big current franchises were also on the Gamecube.  It seems like those are the games they like to make.

Microsoft?  Their favorite console is the PC.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Sony? PS5.  They are an electronics company, so they are excited about the latest tech.

Nintendo? The Gamecube.  So many of their big current franchises were also on the Gamecube.  It seems like those are the games they like to make.

Microsoft?  Their favorite console is the PC.

I like the way you think.

Nintendo - NES.

I don't know what Sony and MS are thinking.

They probably all like the NES. Most developers, companies, ambitions, etc. were inspired after the NES released.

Maybe Nintendo likes the Atari or something which inspired them to make the NES.