By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Summer Gaming Events |OT|

For a moment I thought this was some sort of VGC tournament.

But for real, it's going to be interesting to see how well this works, considering that live events for presentations are going the way of the dodo sooner rather than later. Also, Gamespot and IGN are making their own events? Really?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

It looks like several companies are staying to the June 11ish time table. I wouldn't be surprised if more join in with reveals during June. The notable companies changing the time table are the big 3. Ironically they don't want to keep to the E3 timing. Interesting.

E3 still lives... kinda... not really lul. No Sony or Nintendo on that list is unfortunate. Currently I mainly hope RimWorld goes on sale during the Steam Game Festival, but who knows maybe Microsoft will surprise us.

Awesome idea for a thread!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ryuu96 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
E3 still lives... kinda... not really lul. No Sony or Nintendo on that list is unfortunate. Currently I mainly hope RimWorld goes on sale during the Steam Game Festival, but who knows maybe Microsoft will surprise us.

Sony will be on the list eventually, they just haven't yet announced their event - It's rumoured for late May - early June.

Here's Phase 1 of the line ups with more to be announced, not all of these will have big digital events but they'll be announcing stuff.

Nintendo is unknown, I don't believe they're taking part in this Game Fest thing and they've mentioned no Direct for June with reports it might not happen until the end of Summer.

Some other bits have been announced but haven't yet got exact dates, Xbox is planning a Game Festival like Steam and also announcements every month, with their June announcements happening in IGN's Summer of Gaming.

Should be more announcements coming soon.

Ah so it's just Nintendo that doesn't want to play ball, typical.

Anywho this is thread is an undertaking, I imagine it can be difficult to keep up with all these companies doing different things at different times over the course of four months, but I'm sure you'll do a fine job.

Around the Network

20 minutes! Please show us something fap worthy

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ryuu96 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

20 minutes! Please show us something fap worthy

He downplayed today's reveal on Twitter so I'm thinking maybe a remaster?

Then he hyped up whatever tomorrows announcement is.

Sounds like I will be tuning into tomorrow's as well. I really hope we get some more next gen game announcements.

Hm, that's a lame announcement

Looks like it's showing off the new UE engine running on the ps5