By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Wii games with motion control = quick cash in.

Nintendo Wii games no matter how good or how bad they look sell well. The quality ranges greatly on the Nintendo Wii. some would say more diversity in quality than the other two consoles PS3 and 360.

The motion control sells the system its a quick cash in and some of the Wii games do look like they have been developed and put on market within 6 months. 

Well discuss this idea please. Nintendo Wii is a quick cash in, guaranteed money in the bank regardless of quality of games produced. Oops this only applies to the Third party titles on the Wii. The first party Nintendo Wii games are very good quality. 

Around the Network

"Lower Quality" games sell well on the Wii because:

1. The definition of what is "Higher Quality" is (mostly) arbitrary and does not really represent what a large portion of the gaming public looks for in games. I have seen many reviews lower a score for lack of online gameplay while ignoring the local multiplayer and yet I know far more people who buy games based on local multiplayer than online gameplay.
  2. A lot of these games sell because they're all that is/was available. The Wiimote and nunchuck combo had an obvious use for First Person Shooters and Red Steel sold well because it was one of the only First Person Shooters availabe for the Wii; had a much better FPS been available people would have choosen it instead of Red-Steel.

I notice how the PS3 and XBox 360 are stealing this idea of motion control away from Nintendo. I guess Nintendo are the pioneers, the innovators unlike its rivals who have to rip off Nintendo's ideas. Nintendo brought Rumble and analogue on the market with the Nintendo 64 console, over 10 years ago.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Correct