By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus Games Free? For how long?

With Black Friday right around the corner, I might be buying into PlayStation Plus if I can find a good deal.  I think the best I've heard so far is $40 USD for one year from Best Buy.  But let me make sure of something: Any free game offered through Plus is always free and accessible as long as you have an active Plus subscription.  And when I don't renew my subscription, those games are not accessible anymore.  Am I correct?  According to my brief research, this seemed to be the case a few years ago, but I have yet to come across this info on the official PlayStation website.  So it leaves me with the impression that the games might be yours to keep even when the subscription has ended.  Could someone clear this up for me?

Around the Network

Your subscription must be active to play your ps+ games, hasn't changed.

So I just need to make sure that I download all games whether I want to play them or not to help ensure I can access them later during another subscription after allowing my last subscription to lapse.

LivingMetal said:

With Black Friday right around the corner, I might be buying into PlayStation Plus if I can find a good deal.  I think the best I've heard so far is $40 USD for one year from Best Buy.  But let me make sure of something: Any free game offered through Plus is always free and accessible as long as you have an active Plus subscription.  And when I don't renew my subscription, those games are not accessible anymore.  Am I correct?  According to my brief research, this seemed to be the case a few years ago, but I have yet to come across this info on the official PlayStation website.  So it leaves me with the impression that the games might be yours to keep even when the subscription has ended.  Could someone clear this up for me?

My advice is buy 3 years worth this BF. That way you get 3 years for the price of 2. And these are the best 3 years coming up. The game library has matured so the games we get will be good. 

Your games are only accessible when you have ps+. Let it expire and you can't play them. Buy it again after a while and you regain access to them

Your cloud saves only last 6 months after ps+ expires. So remember that

Around the Network

Weird that you get a mail that you actually purchased the item then

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

You purchase the license to play it. The exact same thing with free to play games. 

Kerotan said:
kirby007 said:

You purchase the license to play it. The exact same thing with free to play games. 

I dont think i got a mail for tera

Edit checking that right now

Your right got a mail for tera, lel even for twitch

Last edited by kirby007 - on 15 November 2018

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

FYI, I don't see myself playing online much at all, but the discounts might offset the one year subscription while for me the "free" games would be a bonus.

LivingMetal said:
FYI, I don't see myself playing online much at all, but the discounts might offset the one year subscription while for me the "free" games would be a bonus.

Ye the bonus games are random. okt was a pretty shit month for bonus games month before wasnt totally crap. This month aint bad either