By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Virtuos has “some exciting high-profile Switch games coming out very soon”

You're becoming experts when it comes to porting games to Switch, with LA Noire being your other notable work. Could we see more high-profile ports from you in the future? Dark Souls 2, perhaps?

LC: For obvious reasons, we cannot say what exactly we're working on, but we will definitely have some exciting high-profile Switch games coming out very soon. By porting Dark Souls we have proven that we can take on any Switch project, so we are confident we will get more projects in the future. As you might have seen in the last few weeks, we’ve also worked on Ubisoft’s Starlink: Battle for Atlas, which has received critical acclaim.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/11/feature_port_masters_virtuos_on_bringing_dark_souls_remastered_to_switch_and_future_projects

Exciting! :)

Around the Network

Wouldn't mind a port of Borderlands.

Hopefully, some of those titles are original IPs.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

"By porting Dark Souls we have proven that we can take on any Switch project"

What? Hahahahaha ...

It's from 2011 ... it wasn't even a good port! Not a bad one, but not good either. 

Also ... just skip Dark Souls 2 ... please. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

What? Hahahahaha ...

It's from 2011 ... it wasn't even a good port! Not a bad one, but not good either. 

Well even if Dark Souls is good port even despite bad sound, Starlink is far better example, its current gen game that look great and play great on Switch.

I hope Dark Souls 2 will be ported. :)

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

What? Hahahahaha ...

Well even if Dark Souls is good port even despite bad sound, Starlink is far better example, its current gen game that look great and play great on Switch.

It's not just the sound, there are multiple problems with the port. But fair enough. I'd still say "mediocre" or at best "decent" before good. But that's just my opinion. 

Dark Souls 2 is a pretty atrocious Souls game ... I remember getting it on launch day, was the same day Titanfall came out. Incredibly disappointing. But yes, overall more games is almost always better. I just hope they pick a different game instead of 2 if they can only do one at a time. 

Miyamotoo said:

It's not just the sound, there are multiple problems with the port. But fair enough. I'd still say "mediocre" or at best "decent" before good. But that's just my opinion. 

Dark Souls 2 is a pretty atrocious Souls game ... I remember getting it on launch day, was the same day Titanfall came out. Incredibly disappointing. But yes, overall more games is almost always better. I just hope they pick a different game instead of 2 if they can only do one at a time. 

I have more than 20 hours in game (around 50-50% in handheld and docked mode),outside sound problem and annoying swapped A and B buttons (that I get used on both things), its a great port, I mean it would be great port without those problems, with those problems its a good port.

I having blast with Dark Souls on Switch, portable Dark Souls works very well, so I simple want more Dark Souls games on Switch, and Dark Souls 2 after DS1 makes most sense.

Yeah you just can't call any studio "expert" when it comes to the Switch just because they ported more than 1 game

SKMBlake said:
Yeah you just can't call any studio "expert" when it comes to the Switch just because they ported more than 1 game

Well,they made Dark Souls, Starlink and LA Noire, three games from three major studios and we still don't know if they are the ones behind the Final Fantasy XII/X/X2 ports on Switch. While "experts" is debatable, they did indeed worked a lot on the console.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Would be weird if they only did the first Dark Souls especially if it is successful.
Wonder if there ever was any truth to the rumor that FROM got Dark Souls 3 running on Switch
https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/07/from-soft-already-has-dark-souls-3-running-on-nintendo-switch-trilogy-re-release-in-consideration-report/