By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metro Redux Crashes on PS4 Slim?

Metro Redux is a fantastic package of the most enjoyable FPS I have played since the Halo1-Reach. I have been playing a physical copy on PS4 Slim and sadly I have been unable to finish the games. Both 2033 and Last Light keep crashing at different points. The crashes are down right ugly, the PS4 Slim shuts off automatically during the crash points. I managed to get to the last section of 2033 only to have it crash near the end at the top of the tower. Last Light crashes in mid game. I wonder if this only happens on the Slim. I contacted the Metro Twitter account and a representative said they would look into it, but nothing ever came out of it. Considering there is a new metro coming out, I would love to see a patch that takes care of the issue. Anybody else having the same issues? PS. I actually bought the books on amazon in order to get through the story. Enjoyable reads.

Around the Network

I platinumed metro redux on my old ps4 before I got the pro and it never crashed. Maybe an issue with your model?

John2290 said:
Hav'nt played since 2014 but I can't remember any crashes.

On a base PS4 I assume. I had the OG PS4 but sold it to cover a debt, then bought a Slim a few months later. The Slim is also giving me trouble with some used games that had a few scratches but played well on the OG PS4. Could be Sony used cheaper lasers or something for Slim. But I wonder if the Slim also has trouble with Redux. 

John2290 said:

I believe it might be the Slim that is having issues. None of my other games crash like this.

twintail said:
Sounds like an issue with your console unfortunately, Maybe you can try backing up your saves, uninstall the game data and reinstall.

I did I have restarted 2033 three times now from the begining. That's how much I love the games lol They still crash, if I had issues with other games I would assume it is the console, but being that it only happens with metro I am not so sure. I could try buying the digital version but I fear the same could happen.

Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:
John2290 said:

On a base PS4 I assume. I had the OG PS4 but sold it to cover a debt, then bought a Slim a few months later. The Slim is also giving me trouble with some used games that had a few scratches but played well on the OG PS4. Could be Sony used cheaper lasers or something for Slim. But I wonder if the Slim also has trouble with Redux. 

That always sucks when compatibility issues pop up with certain games on console revisions, or simply models with different components. I remember reading that GT5 had problems running on the PS3 super slim, and I experienced first hand with the Grand Theft Auto Double Pack not being able to save progress on the specific model of the original Xbox I owned. I wonder if in this case you may have just bought a bunk slim, since it's not reading disks with scratches that your old PS4 read?

Last edited by COKTOE - on 05 October 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."