By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Samurai Spirits announced (Samurai Showdown)

So many samurai games incoming... I wonder if we're going to see ninja games too in the near future.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

not a good idea for the name change, samurai showdown has name recognition. this with all the other games coming out will do little to set this apart.

LiquorandGunFun said:
not a good idea for the name change, samurai showdown has name recognition. this with all the other games coming out will do little to set this apart.

If I remember correctly (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the game/franchise has always being called Samurai Spirits in Japan, with the name change applying only for the western markets. I don't see why they won't do the same again.

OT: The looks of the game are very similar to those of Street Fighter IV and V. We'll see if it's as good as the previous ones.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

twintail said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

JEMC said:

If I remember correctly (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the game/franchise has always being called Samurai Spirits in Japan, with the name change applying only for the western markets. I don't see why they won't do the same again.

OT: The looks of the game are very similar to those of Street Fighter IV and V. We'll see if it's as good as the previous ones.

Indeed you are correct. Its the JPN name for the game. 

i didnt know that. thanks.

Great fighting game series now just bring back bloody roar.

Around the Network

Geez PlayStation is getting games galore. Switch too!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron