By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4...which system(s) do you think the game will be released on?

i hope it will be released for the ps3 and i don't care if its exclusive or not

Around the Network

*Nods*

Aww so E3 rolls a long and Fil-Aimes goes:

".. thank you for sticking around for that, so now heres whats happening for the rest of 2008."

*Wii logo lasts 3 seconds*

1. Star Ocean 4
2. Kid Icarus
3. Ragnarok Online 2
4. Head Tracking Device
5. Red Steele 2 (Unreal 3 engine used and works with tracking device.)
6. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Baerer (Game Play)
7. Spore

Then the world goes Wha? Then to prove the power of money

Halo 4 ... ok j/k j/k

Ps3

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@dib8rman
LOL at Star Ocean 4 for the Wii

Tri-Ace has said that they wanted SO4 to have 'beautiful' graphics so it is PS3 and/or Xbox 360

Soriku,when are you getting your PS3?

Soriku said:
@Ricahu

Uh...I think that was sarcasm. At the end of his post he even put "Ps3"

Now you tell me. SO4, if exclusive to any system, will be on PS3. Putting a Japanese-centric game on the 360(exclusively) is the deathbed. You do have to admit that Star Ocean is one of the better examples of a japanese-centric game selling decently in the US. Even then, it is not a good idea because the only JRPG that has decent sales on the 360 in the US was Lost Odyssey. Tri-ace even said that they wanted the game to be called Star Ocean 0 but were afraid the game wouldn't sell well if they did call the game that so they stuck with Star Ocean 4. Putting the game on the PS3 would ensure that the game would sell well yet still have the 'beautiful' graphics

@JGarret

probably when he gets the money to buy the PS3 along with when the Japanese RPGs come out for it 

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
@Ricahu

Uh...I think that was sarcasm. At the end of his post he even put "Ps3"

Now you tell me. SO4, if exclusive to any system, will be on PS3. Putting a Japanese-centric game on the 360(exclusively) is the deathbed. You do have to admit that Star Ocean is one of the better examples of a japanese-centric game selling decently in the US. Even then, it is not a good idea because the only JRPG that has decent sales on the 360 in the US was Lost Odyssey. Tri-ace even said that they wanted the game to be called Star Ocean 0 but were afraid the game wouldn't sell well if they did call the game that so they stuck with Star Ocean 4. Putting the game on the PS3 would ensure that the game would sell well yet still have the 'beautiful' graphics

@JGarret

probably when he gets the money to buy the PS3 along with when the Japanese RPGs come out for it

Why are you assuming a Wii version wouldn't have beautiful graphics? Because that's the only reason not to put it on the Wii? Well we know the 360 version likely wouldn't sell, but needing "the beautiful graphics" has been disproven more than proven.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:

@JGarret

Why are you assuming a Wii version wouldn't have beautiful graphics? Because that's the only reason not to put it on the Wii? Well we know the 360 version likely wouldn't sell, but needing "the beautiful graphics" has been disproven more than proven.

I meant Tri-ace wanted to put the game on a very high tech system such as the PS3 and Xbox 360.  I am a little skepical about SO4 being on the Wii since I am afraid that the wiimote controls will be poor and the game would be no fun at all

Riachu said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:

@JGarret

I meant Tri-ace wanted to put the game on a very high tech system such as the PS3 and Xbox 360. I am a little skepical about SO4 being on the Wii since I am afraid that the wiimote controls will be poor and the game would be no fun at all

You need some actual proof that having HD graphics is what they prefer.

Plus just because you are afraid the controlswon't be good doesn't mean they actually won't be. How do you know they wouldn't screw it up with gamepad controls? Not likely, but the point is that we don't know yet. So you need a better reason to not want it on the Wii than a probability.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Riachu said:

I meant Tri-ace wanted to put the game on a very high tech system such as the PS3 and Xbox 360. I am a little skepical about SO4 being on the Wii since I am afraid that the wiimote controls will be poor and the game would be no fun at all

You need some actual proof that having HD graphics is what they prefer.

Plus just because you are afraid the controlswon't be good doesn't mean they actually won't be. How do you know they wouldn't screw it up with gamepad controls? Not likely, but the point is that we don't know yet. So you need a better reason to not want it on the Wii than a probability.

When SO4 was announced, Tri-Ace said that they were making this game to have HD(which is what they mean when they say beautiful) level graphics. I did not say I did not want it on the Wii. I just said I was merely skepical about the idea of SO4 being on the Wii.  If SO4 is for the Wii, I will just hope Tri-ace can pull the control scheme off

I Believe that Star Ocean 4 is going to be on the PS3. I could be quite possible that Tri Ace and Square Enix are holding up the announcement for the system until it is further along in development. Also staring in August of this year the PS3 will start to get the RPG's that I have at least been waiting for to pluck down money For. Among the games are Disgaea 3, Valkyrie Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII, Fallout 3, and The Last Remnant. These games will be a big test to see how well the PS3 will fare this Generation

edited (  I was in a rush)

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)