Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019

This season...

Around the Network

Damn 8 games played and Liverpool might as well lift the trophy :P

KiigelHeart said:
Damn 8 games played and Liverpool might as well lift the trophy :P

People said that last year when they were 8 points ahead they still found a way to drop points and not even against top 4 opposition either they won those matches fine.

Liverloop fans are going to be unsufferable

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

mZuzek said:

We didn't win those matches fine, most of our dropped points came at top 6 opponents - City at home and away, Arsenal away, United away, and Chelsea away. Also Everton away is a thing.

And also, we were never 8 points ahead last season. At our best we were 7 points ahead and that was right before we faced City at the Etihad.

Of the top 4 you beat Chelsea at home drew away ( away game was at the start of the season before the 7 point lead), beat Spurs H&A, and only lost to City and drew away, the two outsiders MUN you beat at home drew away and Arsenal you beat at home drew away (this draw was also before the 7 point lead) while it can be argued you dropped points here these weren't the games that killed you it was the games against Leicester at home, West Ham away, Everton away.

Your game against City was in January when you had the 7 point lead of the points you dropped to the top 6 only the matches against City away and United away came after this point the games I've mentioned here came after with Leicester being the first of the matches you dropped points after your loss to City and west ham directly after that at which point City went top then came the United game and Everton shortly after that. Of the top 6 only City and United really played a role in you surrendering the title when you had a 7 point lead.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

I just get triggered when people say that stuff about Liverpool "winning all the big matches and dropping points to weaker sides" or whatever. That was true for a time, but it hasn't been like that in years. Since the 2017-18 season, we've been very consistent against non-top 6 opposition (not including Everton), and have been consistently bad at the away matches against the top 6. If I recall correctly, we only scored 2 points in those 5 games in 17-18, and last season we did decently well with 6 points, but still not good enough. Also, you can't really say Everton away is an "easy match" or whatever... most merseyside derbies in recent years have ended in draws, regardless of which stadium they're played at, but it definitely isn't a common thing for Liverpool to win at Goodison. Say what you will about the current state of Everton, but, derbies are derbies.

And also, dude... we got 97 points last season. That's the third highest ever points total in the history of the Premier League, and we didn't win the title by 1 point. When you lose the title by 1 point, you can point at any game we didn't win and say "that's the one that cost you the league", it doesn't matter which one you're talking about. We were, quite literally, one inch away from getting a result at the Etihad. We failed to kill the game off at the Emirates and ended up conceding a somewhat sloppy goal (not taking the credit away from Lacazette, the finish was superb). We were shit against United and Chelsea. Yeah, the dropped points against Leicester and West Ham were silly too, but... they're all worth the same amount of points as far as I know.

This doesn't debunk what I've said because you had a 7 point lead in January when most of your games against the top 6 had even already passed so the points you dropped beforehand doesn't factor into what I pointed out as you only dropped points in 2 matches to teams in the top 6 and one of them was when you had already surrendered the top spot this is an objective fact it wasn't the top 6 games the brought you down it was the points dropped to other teams as City and United amounted to 5 points dropped with 2 points being after Leicester and West Ham had already removed you from the top spot.

I think Saints will have some issues after the international break. We have like hard games until end of November. It will be the standard thing of performing well but being beaten, then news saying how we are failing but we've had to play Spurs (although should have won that), Chelsea, then to come Wolves, Leicers, Man City twice, Everton and then Arsenal. That's a tough run. Sooner we get to December the better.

Hmm, pie.

BMG is my new favourite team in germany

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

lol of course the season ain't over yet, it's only been 8 games. Liverpool's in a strong position though. What's interesting is that I don't think they've played their best football yet at all. But they've been very lucky with Sheffield United and Leicester basically gifting them points . While City has played mostly well but extremely unlucky against Spuds for example.

So I think Liverpool will only improve and won't make it easy for City.

It's been a while I've been this excited about international break. Finland has a good chance of qualifying for Euro2020! We're actually pleasant to watch these days as we're pressing and trying to play creative football. I'm hoping at least a draw from Bosnia and we should beat Armenia at home. Lucky for us, Edin Dzeko won't play on Saturday.