By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

smash will be the same old, and it wont see a huge upgrade in graphics over smash wiiu, 

you must be really clairvoyant if you deciphered that from a 20 sec clip with 0 gameplay 

switch is not that much powerful then Wii u, and i expect nintendo will reuse the wiiu assets for sure.

Around the Network
quickrick said:

some insider info from resetera

"I can say this much, GOW has destroyed whatever Gamestop was projecting. Reserves are 200%+ to its reserve goal.

Labo on the other had is really trending blow exceptions and there just isn't enough awareness of it. COULD seem some traction if it gets popular on youtube and twitch but right now I don't see it doing well to start off with."

Wow. Good to hear some confirmation of what we’ve all been expecting. Can you post the link? Oh, and you should post this in the GoW Metacritic thread as well. 

quickrick said:
well in regards to smash i just don't think it will do over 12 million, but thats just my feeling.

What are you basing this off of?

On Wii U with only 14 million owners, Smash Wii U sold over 5 million. On 3DS, with a 75 million userbase, Smash 3DS sold over 9 million.

Brawl sold over 13 million on Wii.

The series' sales have increased over the course of each installment since the original.

The Switch is selling really well and Smash should help increase the user base over the course of the holiday season and beyond as an evergreen title.

pitzy272 said:
quickrick said:

some insider info from resetera

"I can say this much, GOW has destroyed whatever Gamestop was projecting. Reserves are 200%+ to its reserve goal.

Labo on the other had is really trending blow exceptions and there just isn't enough awareness of it. COULD seem some traction if it gets popular on youtube and twitch but right now I don't see it doing well to start off with."

Wow. Good to hear some confirmation of what we’ve all been expecting. Can you post the link? Oh, and you should post this in the GoW Metacritic thread as well. 

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6844761/

Kai_Mao said:
quickrick said:
well in regards to smash i just don't think it will do over 12 million, but thats just my feeling.

On Wii U with only 14 million owners, Smash Wii U sold over 5 million. On 3DS, with a 75 million userbase, Smash 3DS sold over 9 million.

The series' sales have increased over the course of each installment since the original.

The Switch is selling really well and Smash should help increase the user base over the course of the holiday season and beyond as an evergreen title.

its hard to confirm this since the last smash was released on 2 platforms.

quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

you must be really clairvoyant if you deciphered that from a 20 sec clip with 0 gameplay 

switch is not that much powerful then Wii u, and i expect nintendo will reuse the wiiu assets for sure.

They COULD reuse Smash Wii U/3DS assets but very little is known about the game at pres. time. Not sure how you're drawing such fervent conclusions with very little info... 

Around the Network
quickrick said:
pitzy272 said:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6844761/

Kai_Mao said:

its hard to confirm this since the last smash was released on 2 platforms.

Even then, it sold really well on a platform that most people usually don't play competitively on (3DS) and on another platform that had very little momentum left by the time Smash came around (Wii U).

And about your comment of Smash Switch using Wii U assets, I wouldn't be surprised but I don't think it would matter. Every Smash game since the original has used assets from previous games. Heck, Smash 4 was basically built based off the Brawl engine and was modernized to provide a less rugged and more lighter feel than Brawl did.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

They COULD reuse Smash Wii U/3DS assets but very little is known about the game at pres. time. Not sure how you're drawing such fervent conclusions with very little info... 

I'm obviously making a early prediction. 

quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

I'm obviously making a early prediction. 

And typically negative if its about anything Nintendo. Ever heard the term if you have nothing nice to say to keep quiet ? 

Labo as many have said is not the type of product that will make big pre-orders, its the type of product that will catch on only if either Nintendo or someone else does something with it that really catches people's attention. For now, its being marketed as a Toy/Activity for those who like to 'create' and experiment.

Its strength will lie in what people are able to 'create' with it.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

This is why you need to start quantifying things because this just feels like backpeddling.

Your quote was, "i honestly dont think SSB will be that big"

So 12 million is the point where a game goes from "not that big" to big?

In that case, its unlikely that GOW or Spider Man will be big.

This is "falling off a cliff" all over again, isn't it?