By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Philly D. Holy hell, even local media in America are reading from the same script.

Yeah, they tend to own a lot of the local news stations. I know that mine is owned by Bell, one of the biggest telecommunications corporations in Canada.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 02 April 2018

Around the Network

Why don't you just watch or read Reuters? They report the facts and let all the bullshit talk heads from other news outlets do all the bickering. 

I would classify anyone that stated Reuters is biased as a fucking idiot.

Ka-pi96 said:
Why do people even read non-sports news anyway?

Do you want to be ignorant of world events?

VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Why do people even read non-sports news anyway?

That is what sports are there for people.  Distract them from all the shit that goes on in the world.  Ignorance is bliss.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

When they're always horrible and depressing, sure why not? Ignorance is bliss.

Hey you stole my line.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

When they're always horrible and depressing, sure why not? Ignorance is bliss.

Of course they're horrible and depressing, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't know about it, because having a better understanding of the world allows for much better perspectives on our own lives and the issues that we're facing.

Ha. John Oliver covered this last night. Pretty fucked up.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Of course they're horrible and depressing, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't know about it, because having a better understanding of the world allows for much better perspectives on our own lives and the issues that we're facing.

Does it? I've never once faced an issue in my life where I've needed to know about some tax hike or terrorist attack in order to face it.

Well, you must have at least some knowledge of the news if you're aware that terrorist attacks and tax hikes have been topics of discussion.

VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Does it? I've never once faced an issue in my life where I've needed to know about some tax hike or terrorist attack in order to face it.

Well, you must have at least some knowledge of the news if you're aware that terrorist attacks and tax hikes have been topics of discussion.

Tax hikes where?  I though we just gave 1.5 trillion in debt to the rich?

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Unfortunately stuff like that is hard to avoid completely. Doesn't mean I'd seek out information like that though. Don't understand why anybody would want to either.

Because even if it is depressing, I think that it is important to know.