By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any word from the Sports Leagues E.A/2K has license from post Loot Box Issues?

I'm curious that, in the wake of Disney showing some fury at the direction of E.A for Battlefront 2, that we might see the NHL, NFL, FIFA, or others have similar reaction to it.  Any talk of it yet, and if not what are the odds?

Same to Take Two I suppose, if the NBA has heard about the loot boxes that series has. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I can't see if bothering FIFA too much. I don't really think too much has changed yet since Blatter was ousted.

I'm not familiar with the other sports bodies though so I couldn't say for them.

SecondWar said:
I can't see if bothering FIFA too much. I don't really think too much has changed yet since Blatter was ousted.

I'm not familiar with the other sports bodies though so I couldn't say for them.

Even with the center of the anger being in Europe (belguim, Sweden, and maybe France) where Fifa sells best? The possibility of their brand being tied to child gambling via lootboxes doesn't bother them

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Sports are prominently tied with online betting already. The betting adverts show prominently in halftimes and the betting agencies somtimes act as sponsors.

I can't see them being too bothered about child gambling either, especially if it gets regulated. They'll just shrug and go: 'Thats not our resposibility, it is now regulated by law.'

Ka-pi96 said:
KrspaceT said:

Even with the center of the anger being in Europe (belguim, Sweden, and maybe France) where Fifa sells best? The possibility of their brand being tied to child gambling via lootboxes doesn't bother them

If being linked to slave labour in Qatar doesn't bother them, then there's not a chance that will

I'd forgotten about that. I need there was areason that validated my concerns about the new regime, just couldn't remember it. If it way going to be more open, Qatar should have be stripped of the histing rights ages go.

Around the Network

Link to Disney showing fury?