By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken 7 Rant.....

First off, is there like an official Tekken forum where we could "attempt" to communicate with teh devs?

Now this game.... well I have always loved tekken, and played them all... and love Tekken 7 but there are some things I just find very very annoying.

First the ranking system... I like that you can only rank up when playing against a real player online... but the entire system is flawed. The problem is that to rank up effectively you need to play against players that are the same rank with you; so basically same rank = 1pt, +/-1 rank = 0.5 points and +/-2 rank = 0.25pts. NOw it would seem like taht makes sense, but the issue is taht its really hard finding people that are of the same rank with you so half the time you are playing against ppl way lower ranked or maybee even way higher ranked.

But the crazy thing thats an outcome of this system is if you play against someone that is 4 or 5 ranks or more higher than you.... you get the least amount of points for winning the fight. Imagine that. 

It doesn't help that the whole ranking and point system is shrouded in secrecy..... one would think that they would have added a tracker so you see how close or far away from your next rank you are. But noooooooo, you will simply have no idea until the fight starts and you see promotion chance on the screen.

Now lastly... and this is not to namco but the bulk of the players out there.... they have this hit and run tactic. You basically get into a fight with someone, and if they somehow manage to win a single fight... they quit and stop playing. This may not seem like a big deal, but its really annoying when you consider that you are spening like 2-3mins at least waiting for the next fight in the warm up room. 

Around the Network

So beating someone with a higher rank than you earns you less points than beating someone with the same rank as you?

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
So beating someone with a higher rank than you earns you less points than beating someone with the same rank as you?

yup....