By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When do you have enough of an unfinishable game?

When do you have enough of an unfinishable game?

When I complete all quests and missions. 4 13.33%

When I feel I've had enough. 12 40.00%

When I can't play anymor... 10 33.33%

When other game grabs my attention. 4 13.33%

Total:30

After spending more hours on Stardew Valley than any other game this year (beating BotW by, at least, 20h), I think I've had enough of that game, and just in time for Mario. I've completed the Town Hall bundles, I reached the 300th floor on the Skull Cavern, I've finished building my house, married and had two kids, passed Grandpa's test and created a massive enterprise based on quality wines and licquors. The only things left to do are maximizing the three skill points left and finishing the museum quests. I could finish them, but I think I've had enough.

When you're playing this kind of games without ending (single player, of course, multiplayer has other lures), what makes you consider yourself done with the game? Do you complete everything on it, or do you just stop playing it after you had enough?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

When I get bored off it?!

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Whenever it stops being fun and starts to become work. Yes I'm looking at you again, Kingdoms of Amalur.

That said, after over 2 years I still haven't reached the ending of Rocket League yet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't stop playing, but my time drastically slows down. Im a big fan of ARMS in which I've logged over 50 hours and close to 1000 battles. However I want to move on to other games so I will just dive in From time to time for the odd hour to play some multiplayer and chase badges.

Considering I just recently started getting back into Counter Strike, a game I've barely played since like 2015, probably never for some multiplayer games. For most unfinishable games, just when I get bored?

Around the Network

Its mostly the feeling of having something else I wanna play more.

I get itches... to play something else. I mean I was playing FF12 got a good way through but stopped because I started playing something else, just not going back to it even though I should complete it. But it's FF12, I've played it before. ... I say this and currently, I'm playing through Bloodborne ... again.

I really should buy the expansion pack for Bloodborne. I've played the main game enough.

Hmm, pie.

Simple, when it stops being fun.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

vivster said:
Whenever it stops being fun and starts to become work. Yes I'm looking at you again, Kingdoms of Amalur.

That said, after over 2 years I still haven't reached the ending of Rocket League yet.

There better be, one dam good ending.

caffeinade said:
vivster said:

There better be, one dam good ending.

At the pace we're going the ending is most likely packed in 10 different loot boxes with a drop chance of 0.00001% and a real market value of a few million dollars.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.