By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Haze = PS3 exclusive?

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2861.html

"This should clear things up beyond any shadow of a doubt, regardless of any rumor you may read.

When we learned Free Radical's promising FPS, Haze, would be a PlayStation 3 exclusive, we knew PS3 owners would be plenty happy. However, we also knew we'd start seeing a quadra-zillion rumors stating that the game actually isn't exclusive, primarily because Ubisoft is a bit erratic when it comes to exclusive projects. However, according to a recent Ripten interview with Haze script writer Rob Yescombe, this is a cut-and-dry situation:

"Why does everybody keep asking that? It’s a Playstation 3 exclusive. Buy a Playstation 3 and play it. I want it to be the reason people buy a Playstation 3."

Doesn't get much more straightforward than that, does it? No, wait...maybe they should ask another question, hinting at the possibility of the game hitting another platform some time down the road. Sure, let's give that a try. And what's Yescombe's answer to that?

"We’re a Playstation 3 exclusive. If by some magical wave of the wand that happens, I won’t be complaining. But we’re a Playstation 3 exclusive. I find it so confusing that some people are so offended at the idea that it will be format exclusive. But it’s like people get angry about it. What are you angry about?"

We have no idea what they're angry about, but at the very least, Yescombe has cleared this up as quickly and firmly as possible. Can we finally drop this now? There is one final point of interest, and it involves the decision to make the game exclusive; was it the developer's call or the publisher's? We assumed it would be Ubisoft's, and we were right:

"No, it’s not our decision.. It’s a publisher decision. And it’s not like this bizarre practice of gamers kind of demonising publishers like they’re some evil guy. Ubisoft have helped us out a lot on this game, in terms of being very supportive to the decisions that we wanted to make and to approve it."

Okay, so for the last time: Ubisoft has decided to make Haze a PlayStation 3 exclusive, and that's the way things are going to stay. We suppose a "magical wand" can pop up at some point, but for now, this is the way things are. Please, we can't handle any more unfounded speculation!"

Okay, so its not definite. All this does is confirm that Haze is at least a timed exclusive for the PS3 and they have no current plans to release it on any other platform. Most of us had probably already guessed this, but here's the official confirmation. So, does anyone care that it's exclusive? Is anyone uber-hyped about it?  

Around the Network

The 360 got one in the form of Splinter Cell: Convinction and maybe some others I am forgetting, and it is probably a decent idea for Ubisoft to better their relationship with both Sony and MS and to get some extra co-marketing dollars in the process.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Whether it stays PS3 exclusive is debatable. It all depends on how well haze sells. If it sells like Unreal Tournament 3. Expect it to be ported to the PC and XBox 360 to offset the loss due to millions being spent to develop Haze.

I just hope the graphics can compete with other PS3 exclusive this year.The game play I m sure will be fun.

OT:

We have been over this 100 times ,appearently it's PS3 exclusive which might be the due to the fact that ubi soft made assasin creed multipalt.so they are giving sony a FPS instead(which it somewhat lacks comapred to 360).

I'm still iffy about the single player. I do love how the vehicle combat looks. It looks like a gamefly to me, and if I love it that much, I'll buy it.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

I'm debating whether to buy this or the GOTY edition of CoD4.

Honestly, who cares at this point? Haze looks like it will be a medicore shooter at best.

Haze will be another Lair or Heavenly Sword that is a low selling game sub one million.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Haze will be another Lair or Heavenly Sword that is a low selling game sub one million.

Heavenly sword should hit 1M next week, or the week after.

It does look like a lot of the buzz has died down about Haze.  People are looking past it to MGS4, GTA4, RFoM2 and KZ2 now.  Haze might get lost in the mix.  It will be interesting to see how it does.

Haze I think will be good. Here are some new gameplay movies (the ones added Apr 3). It won't be a system seller, but it will be a first rate shooter.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/2682&sort=date.html?id=2682&sort=date