By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Posible admin abuse

I’m making this post to draw attention to the users on this site, to what in my opinion is admin abuse.

About two weeks ago, I’ve made a comment in a post in regards to John Mccain health. This is the link to the post,  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230499&page=3#9   my comment is on the third page and it sounds like this : “He's a warmonger, just as bad as the Bush family, the Clinton's and Obama. I don't feel bad for him, karma is a bitch.  For that comment I’ve been banned for 14 days. A day ago, my ban has been lifted, so I’ve asked that specific admin, what I’ve did wrong and if he can show me how did I’ve violated this site policies.

His answer was: “Your comment about karma makes it clear that you think John McCain deserves to have brain cancer. This isn't an opinion...this is hate speech, and is a violation of rule 13, specifically "Moderators will look at overt discrimination very harshly. Blatant forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other sort of hatred towards a group of people(s) will not be tolerated, and will be met with firm moderation." John McCain might not be a specific group, but wishing death upon a public figure is the kind of disgusting hatred we do not allow here. Disagreeing with someone's politics and celebrating their death are two entirely different things.
In addition, Bristow issued a warning to not attack the character of the person in question, which you ignored in order to make this post. Mod warnings aren't made lightly; ignoring them does come with consequences.

1.       It looks to me that this admin has changed the forum rules, and changed what “Blatant forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other sort of hatred towards a group of people” means, just to have a reason to ban me. A person/ political figure is not a group of people, is just one person.

2.       Furthermore, this admin chooses to misinterpreted my words. I didn’t say that I wish him death, I’ve said that he had it coming, in another words “what goes around, comes around"

3.       I’ve seen here, users on this forum posting nasty comments about politicians, Trump, Clinton and how these politicians should die, and those users haven’t been banned. ..........

4.       The warning that he’s talking about, was made a few comments down in to the post, my comment was made to replay the OP, the warning should have been made more visible. Even if I made a mistake, and I didn’t read a comment that was made 4 comments down,  on a site that is full with adds and all sorts of avatars, I still don’t think that deserves a two weeks ban.

It sounds to me that the admin was more bothered by my OPINION on that public figure, and it decided to bend the rules of this site to have me banned.

Around the Network

You deserved the ban for that comment(even if 2 weeks seem a bit harsh) and you are going to be banned yet again because making threads complaining about moderation is not allowed as far as I remember, outside of the places for that(PM and the moderator thread

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

While discussions like this should ideally be handled through PM (not exactly sure why you need an audience), we do have a discussion thread for this already. Please take this discussion to the Moderator Thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224251&page=1

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334