By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online announced

Hm, interesting. $20 is a lot more palatable than $60. I know it will be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather get online-enabled classics like SMB3 than the flotsam and jetsam routinely offered with some competing products.

I'm not very optimistic about this smartphone app though...

Around the Network

Oh?It seems that they pushed back the paid online.Its 2018 now.Thats nice.
We still need to see how the online infrastruture is for Switch(as a whole) but this much morw affordable price will probably make up for the inevitable shortcomings.It will bw interesting to see what they have to say at E3.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Cool, $20/year to play Pokemon, Mario Kart, ARMS, Splatoon, and Monster Hunter online is worth it. I have paid that much for 1.5 months of MMORPG time.

EricFabian said:
wait, is not even e3 and we get the price o_o

Good. Don't waste time on boring stuff. Talk more games.

Also, they extended the free period, which is great. And a beta of the app will still launch this Summer, which is also great. Ya'll gotta complain to Nintendo before 2018.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Great price and this makes me happy - "Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario". Thank you Nintendo,

Around the Network

Since im From Australia. What is the price for the XBL and PSN in the US?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

EricFabian said:
wait, is not even e3 and we get the price o_o

Hmm. Now that you mention it, it almost seems like a missed opportunity not waiting for E3 to announce this. The "free" publicity could have done wonders.

Oh?It seems that its a selection of classic games with added online that you get now with the subscription, not just one game.
It can be wrong due to wordplay though.But its interesting that the tone changed.Check up on the link to read sbout what I said.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

A lesser service for a lesser price. Seems reasonable.

I'm not loving the fact that they only announced NES games for added online play. There weren't really that many great multiplayer NES games in the first place. If you have some N64 and Gamecube titles though... that would make this kind of a bargain.

Hold up, online play for Balloon Fight? This suddenly got a lot more interesting.