By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nautilus E3 Expectations and Dreams for Microsoft and Third Parties

Due to the sheer size that my Expectation and dream thread that I wrote ended up becoming, Ill break it up in three(now its three) segments: MS, Sony, Nintendo, and thrid parties in general.For this one, Ill focus on MS and third parties.And as a general rule, each segement focus on the game that said company own.No third parties entries for the big three!

Microsoft:

This is the conference I am least interested in(out of the big three). Not only because they will focus on a hardware revision, known at the time of this writing as the Scorpio, that will most likely have an effect as strong as the PS4 Pro, both in terms of sales and innovations, but it will likely take a good chunk out of the conference time to talk about things like performance and framerates, and thats just plain boring.

Outside of that, I expect already announced games to appear, such as Crackdown 3(and this one especially being used to demonstrate Scorpio power), Sea of Thieves, and smaller games like Cuphead. And thats it. Which brings me to my dreams segment for Microsoft. They NEED to announce new projects and new IPs. A new Halo or Gears of War or Forza is all fine and dandy, but they wont be bringing a new audience to their ecosystem with the same brands and ideas, nor excite their own fanbase, because those games are already expected. Scalebound was one such title that could have helped in that regard(if it did turn out to be a good game, I mean), but we all know what ended up happening to that venture. Microsoft needs to take more chances, and needs to do that now.

Third Parties:

For Capcom, I expect them to show further footage of Capcom vs Marvel Infinite. We know little about that game, and it is going to release in September, so we are bound to receive more information about it. Oh, and I predict it to have an Switch version announced there too.I also expect to see Resident Evil 7 Not a Hero DLC there, along with a release date.Same goes for Monster Hunter XX for Switch, and only for Switch.

As for what I dream out of this company, is a Megaman X reboot. I NEED a new Megaman X game, and given that it has been so long since the last entry and that its story is a chaotic mess by now to put it lightly, it needs a reboot. Please Capcom, Megaman is probably your biggest mascot and one of the biggest icon in the videogame industry. Give him some love.

For Square, I fully expect a KH III trailer at the Sony conference, along with an extremely vague 2018 release date. Dragon Quest XI will also be showed, with a release date for the west. The Switch version will not be showed, simply because they dont want to potentially lose sales for the 3DS and PS4 version in Japan. But if they do show it, there wont be a release date for it. The new Tomb Raider game will also be showed and, for once in many years, wont be shown when its still at pre production and wont take a decade to release. Also I find that there is a possibility of Life is Strange 2 showing up there, especially due to the fact that the first game will be free on PS plus for June.

As for what I dream out of this hate and love conflict I have with this company, is a new Chrono Trigger game. Either a remake of the first one(that keeps the same philosophy of the battle system) or a sequel that forgets that Chrono Cross ever existed and applies a battle system similar to the first game. Its baffling that this critically acclaimed, and considered by many as the best game of all time, has been laid dormant for so long. Its time for a comeback.

A second thing I hope out of this E3 is that KH III is announced for Switch, along with all the collection games. Assuming the game can run on the Switch, it just makes too much sense.

For Ubisoft, they already showed their hand.Far Cry 5, The Crew 2 and so on.EA will most likely be the same it was last year. Half of the conference will be sport titles, the other half will be Battlefield 1(or its sequel) and Battlefront 2.

For Bethesda, I expect to see more of Quake Champions, and fully expect the reveal of The Evil Within 2. The original game has been succesful enough and there has been too many leaks and clues about it for this title to not exist. And given the early success of the Switch, I also expect Bethesda to briefly mention the Skyrim version for Switch here.

As for Fromsoftware, I think a Dark Souls collections will be announced, and will release in all platforms.I also believe that they will show a new IP, and while it will borrow ideas from Dark Souls, it will be a really different game from what they usually do.

What I really hoped they would do is a remake of Eternal Ring. Even though the game is extremely dated nowadays and was okayish by the time it released, I had so much fun with it and it had so much potential. Fromsoftware is a very different company today, and the game could use a second chance and the experience gained through the years to become something truly special.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1