By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

9 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#03 NS Neon (up 1)
#04 NS Grey (same)
#13 PS4 UC4 (up 4)
#78 NS Grey (re-entry)
#80 PS4 Pro (re-entry)
#85 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#47 Retron HD (down 5)
#95 NES (re-entry)
#100 XB1 Battlefield (re-entry)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only) **:
#05 3DS Fire Emblem Echoes (same)
#09 NS ARMS (up 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 2 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

And the Switch is now at number 7 and number 12 in the monthlies

Quick question: if you preorder a Switch on Amazon, is that the only way to get one? By this I mean are the new lots that hit Amazon already sold preorders or units that are on sale? If it's the former, getting a Switch on there is going to be hell.

Insidb said:
Quick question: if you preorder a Switch on Amazon, is that the only way to get one? 

No, it's also possible to buy one immediately 100$ above the retail price from scalpers.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

palou said:
Insidb said:
Quick question: if you preorder a Switch on Amazon, is that the only way to get one? 

No, it's also possible to buy one immediately 100$ above the retail price from scalpers.

I meant a lost at MSRP: if these sales represent preorders, does this mean scalpers are going to be able to perpetually ruin things for gamers?

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Quick question: if you preorder a Switch on Amazon, is that the only way to get one? By this I mean are the new lots that hit Amazon already sold preorders or units that are on sale? If it's the former, getting a Switch on there is going to be hell.

New units do show up for sale, but since every media site under the sun is watching for this and posts about it immediately, they are usually gone in well under and hour.

Nuvendil said:
Insidb said:

New units do show up for sale, but since every media site under the sun is watching for this and posts about it immediately, they are usually gone in well under and hour.

Do we have any way of knowing which of these sales were preorders and which are actually available?

I know that question might be impossible for any of us to answer.

Insidb said:
Nuvendil said:

Do we have any way of knowing which of these sales were preorders and which are actually available?

You mean how many total are availabe for general purchase per dhipment?  Very hard to say.  You would have to be on Amazon the very second a shipment came in, refreshing the Switch product page repeatedly to get the exact number. 

Bandorr said:

I have slight trouble trying to understand what you're asking, but I'll take a shot at it.

Those new switches - are up for grab switches. Infact I grabbed one yesterday.

Two suggestions for getting one. 1) Follow the twitter account cheap ass gamer. They tweet out when switches are available. The last ones lasted at least 30 minutes or so.

2) https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

You can create a free account, and customized your warnings and alerts. Infact it was an audio alert that told me the switches were back in stock.

I was wondering if these sales were up for grabs or just preorders; if it had been the latter, it would explain the glut of absurd reseller posts.

Thanks for the twitter feed!

Nuvendil said:
Insidb said:

You mean how many total are availabe for general purchase per dhipment?  Very hard to say.  You would have to be on Amazon the very second a shipment came in, refreshing the Switch product page repeatedly to get the exact number. 

Exactly the answer I was looking for and understandably complicated; thank you.