By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTAIV edited for Australian gamers. Thankyou South Australian Government!

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=10977&sid=bdfc2543990c96e8606778ebb64a7f24&title=Grand+Theft+Auto+IV+edited+for+Australia

Rockstar previously confirmed that they would not be editing the game in any way, shape or form for Australia, but have since backtracked, telling a top Australian gaming journalist (Jason Hill) that the game has been edited to comply with Australia's classification system.

That system does not give out an "adults only" rating, meaning that if a game misses the top MA15+ rating, it is denied an Australian release.

Supposedely in Australia, adding the adults only 18+ rating would require the go-ahead from each state's Attorney General, and South Australia's AG, a charming gentleman (arsehole) by the name of Michael Atkinson, has stated clearly that he is against such a change.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

So while everyone else is killing drug dealers and getting hand jobs from hookers you'll be hugging teddy bears and driving the speed limit. :)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
starcraft said:

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=10977&sid=bdfc2543990c96e8606778ebb64a7f24&title=Grand+Theft+Auto+IV+edited+for+Australia

Rockstar previously confirmed that they would not be editing the game in any way, shape or form for Australia, but have since backtracked, telling a top Australian gaming journalist (Jason Hill) that the game has been edited to comply with Australia's classification system.

That system does not give out an "adults only" rating, meaning that if a game misses the top MA15+ rating, it is denied an Australian release.

Supposedely in Australia, adding the adults only 18+ rating would require the go-ahead from each state's Attorney General, and South Australia's AG, a charming gentleman (arsehole) by the name of Michael Atkinson, has stated clearly that he is against such a change.

But Aussies can import a US copy of the PS3 version and play it in their PS3, yeah?  What a boon for Sony!  Region compatibility ftw.

And IGN said the PS3 version has better graphics than the 360 version anyway. 

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
starcraft said:

But Aussies can import a US copy of the PS3 version and play it in their PS3, yeah?  What a boon for Sony!  Region compatibility ftw.

And IGN said the PS3 version has better graphics than the 360 version anyway

uh oh... starcraft meltdown incoming

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

But Aussies can import a US copy of the PS3 version and play it in their PS3, yeah? What a boon for Sony! Region compatibility ftw.

Actually I think the PS3 version could face import controls because of this.  In any case, it's still up in the air as to whether the 360 version will be region locked.  What IGN actually said was that the 360 versions was "more vibrant" but that the PS3 version has less "anti-aliasing" issues.

In any case, we always knew Australian PS3 owners would have to play a non-definitive version of GTAIV, but now apparently 360 owners will have to play a slightly-less-than-definitive version as well:( 

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

But Aussies can import a US copy of the PS3 version and play it in their PS3, yeah? What a boon for Sony! Region compatibility ftw.

uh oh... starcraft meltdown incoming

Lol, their may have been if there was any truth to what he was saying.

WTF, are you F#$KING WITH ME! I could buy the game from the US, but I already pre-ordered the special edition -_- I'm gonna gun this guy down and do some real life GTA in South Australia haha jk of course. Dark Sector was banned from what i heard in Aus too.. how lame. Not like i wanted that game, but still. Might just buy a 2nd copy if this is true. *shrugs*

Wait a freaking minute. So even though it's banned from being sold you still can't import it.... that's BS right there.

Starcraft you really seem to hate australia :P

Im telling you, importing is your savior and solution to all your problems

Edit: They arent going to open up everything you buy to check if it has that game so importing is still safe, import controls are about as effective as controling music piracy

halil23 said:
So I guess PS3 is the definitive version, PS3's region free, so import = PS3 win :)

or a uk 360 version