By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Sonic 2017 officially titled to Sonic Forces and gameplay footage

Visuals look good, but I am not sold on gameplay, yet. Looks dull and uninspired.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

That guy really loves Sonic lol.

It was pretty much confirmed to be Generations 2 by the teaser trailer, but now it's basically official, hype! Dunno what the third gameplay style could possibly be, but it doesn't matter, modern Sonic gameplay is all I need!

3D Sonic huh? what could possibly go wrong?

Well...that certainly looked like a typical 3D Sanic. Why am I more hyped for Runner 3 than this slop?

Around the Network

While the environments look nice, watching the gameplay this is all I can think of...

Oh, and...

Shikamo said:

Welp, there goes any small ray of hope for this game...

But seriosly the game looks good (while to me it looks UE4 even if they stress it's their own engine) but after playing BotW I can't help but feel a little underwelmed by the fact that basically nothing has changed, for example I would have loved it if they tried to cut off/change the rings sound, especially given the amazing music playing beneath it but that can't be fully apreciated, this is just one random thought I had but of course this is just the first gameplay, maybe innovation is under the courtain and we simply can't see it yet...

looks like the usual 3d sonic game.

maybe i'm the only one, but i was kinda hoping this sonic would be open-world.

My complaint with 3D sonic games has always been that the more room for actual gameplay complexity they give you, the worse the game feels. This time around it looks like they're going for the more streamlined side of the spectrum, and the player isn't actually doing a whole lot in that footage, but if they put a ton of obstacles, puzzles, or enemies in your way it would feel bogged down and annoying. Ultimately it looks pretty and quick, but is it any more complex than a colorful rollercoaster?

I honestly think the core conceit of Sonic games is kinda flawed, but maybe that's just me. The game could totally surprise me, so who knows! At least fans are excited :)