By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JP Kellams leaves Platinum Games.

In some pretty shocking news JP Kellams has decided to part ways with Platinum Games. Sad news as he is a success story of someone who was born and raised outside of Japan made his way to be employed by one of the most respected Japanese developers in modern gaming. He has contributed in everything from the angels language in Bayonetta, to voice acting in Ace Attorney, to being the creative producer of the sadly cancelled Scalebound.

It's sad to see such an important member of a developer I love... (sometimes), part ways. Here's wishing him the best of luck in the future.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/jp-kellams-leaves-platinum-games

(was going to put his Twitter post, but it's gone)

Around the Network

; _ ; it was scalebounds fault wasnt it?

JRPGfan said:
; _ ; it was scalebounds fault wasnt it?

From everywhere I've read, yes... yes it was.

Hopefully he has something new lined up, also gameing related.

A cancled project shouldnt break a tallent.

Mar1217 said:
Good luck to him. Platinum Games will need to stay strong without dedicated guys like him !

I know right? He also is one of the reasons the west was kept fairly well informed on Platinum projects. If something was shown in Japan, you knew it was only a matter of time before JP was tweeting about it with no language miscommunications. 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Hopefully he has something new lined up, also gameing related.

A cancled project shouldnt break a tallent.

Agreed, hopefully we'll hear of a dev picking him up fairly soon.

A bid JP Kellams the best of luck. It sucks that Platinum has lost this dude because he was more than just being the middle man between Platinum and the west.

Aura7541 said:
A bid JP Kellams the best of luck. It sucks that Platinum has lost this dude because he was more than just being the middle man between Platinum and the west.

You can tell if you ever watched his videos where he speaks to new recruits, and college students looking to get into the business that he absolutely loved what he done, and loved the company. His leaving was a real shock.