By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dawn of War 3 will be released on April 25th

Relic Entertainment and SEGA today announced the official release date for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III. According to the press release, the long-awaited third instalment of the critically acclaimed real-time strategy franchise will be released on April 27th. 

Dawn of War III is available in three formats: Collector’s Edition, Limited Edition, and Standard Edition. The Collector’s Edition will include a premium disc book, a lenticular art card, the official soundtrack, a replica of the Godsplitter Daemon Hammer, three mounted cloth faction banners and the Masters of War Skin Pack. The Limited Edition will include the premium disc book, the lenticular art card and the official soundtrack.

Philippe Boulle, Game Director of Dawn of War III, said:

“We’re thrilled to tell fans know that they don’t have to wait much longer to return to battle. The whole team can’t wait to bring back Dawn of War, bigger and better than ever. April can’t come soon enough!”

Dawn of War III aims to immerse players in the escalating brutality of galactic warfare, where they will lead elite hero units and colossal armies to victory, or oblivion. Powerful super walkers will tower over the front lines as screen-shaking assaults blister the battlefield in an all-out, over-the-top spectacle worthy of the iconic Games Workshop Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Source: DSOG - http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dawn-of-war-3-will-be-released-on-april-25th/

All I can say is that I'm looking forward to taking arms for the God Emperor and also:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

No one wants to enlist and serve the God Emperor?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Got kind of stale for me as I am Ork fanboy, but then the previous games had very little focus on them :P. My brother loved the Chaos focus though, he will probably pick this one up. Then I can just mooch off him a bit.

Farsala said:
Got kind of stale for me as I am Ork fanboy, but then the previous games had very little focus on them :P. My brother loved the Chaos focus though, he will probably pick this one up. Then I can just mooch off him a bit.

Orks seem to have just as much importance in this than the other factions, if we look at the trailers so far =D.

Chazore said:
No one wants to enlist and serve the God Emperor?.

That thing is dead :) Say whatever you want but that light guiding all the humans? Really? pff... I say: Fiction!

Seriously, the second one was so good. Looking forward for this game.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:

Seriously, the second one was so good. Looking forward for this game.

What amazes me is that there seems to be half of the DoW fanbase that greatly dislikes this form of RTS, despite the fact that the devs decided to blend a bit of DoW 1 with 2, yet the half that hate this game just want another small squad based shooter with cover mechanics only. The thing that side of the fanbase forget is that these wars were not always fought with one man armies, they were fought with massive armies in general, sometimes even citadels to bombard entire planets and sign the death warrant of an entire species. 

I've seen the model kit dioramas over the years from friends and fans alike as well as reading of the lore, the battles were not always so tiny and small, so I honestly do not get why that side of the fanbase wants all DoW games to be handles as tiny skirmishes and chest high walls. 

What I see in that screen of just one diorama, I see in the trailer for DoW III. 

Some screenies:

The detail on that last screen definitely grabs my attention. The cannon in particular just looks pleasing to my eyes.

Wallpaper time:

Really hope Imperial Guard aren't relegated to a single unit for the Spez Muhreens.

I really hope this is good but that first reveal trailer was dreadful. The new trailers do look a lot better. Either way its good to have a proper RTS coming soon.

Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, not sure about this one. Loved #2, but that seemed to be much more of a real time tactics game, while this seems more regular RTS. And I'm not much of a fan of RTS. Will probably still pick it up and give it a try some time though, when I have a computer capable of actually running it of course

It's the closest known RTS with actual base building that I've seen since SCII. I know there was Grey Goo, but that was such a letdown both gameplay wise and MP based. Planetary Annihilation was okay for an indie RTS take on the old "Total Annihilation", but it fell short of what made that old RTS so great.