By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Summit: Reggie Talks Wii and DS

US, May 22, 2007 - Nintendo held a Media Summit in Seattle this week to showcase some of the games scheduled to debut this summer and beyond. To kick off the event, NOA president Reggie Fils-Aime took the podium and gave a speech about the Big N's profits and philosophies. He also touched upon a number of subjects, from upcoming games on the way to Nintendo's dedication to the hardcore player, even as it reaches out to the untapped expanded audience. Fils-Aime hyped up the recently-dated Metroid Prime 3 as the title that will appeal to the hearts of the hardcore and promised that Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass would all be released later this year. Boo-yah?

Reggie's speech was originally under embargo -- as is all of our coverage -- but after some online sites decided to ignore this embargo and post up the speech anyway, NOA relented and allowed everybody to run with it. We've transcribed the speech in full for readers below:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/790/790916p1.html 

Around the Network

The link did not work. BTW

http://wii.ign.com/articles/790/790916p1.html Like I said big guns out this year will make Wii's dominace a certainty

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I hope they break the rest of the embargo soon >_