By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help Spemanig Play! - Shin Megami Tensei!

So I'm sure a few of you will remember my SMT4 thread where I called on the community for help, as it was my first SMT game. (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=199777&page=1)

Over a year later, and I'm fully engrossed with the franchise! SMT4 was the perfect gateway into the franchise and, now that I've played Apocalypse, I want to go back and see where it all (sort of) began!

So I'm doing something a bit strange. I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei, the third game in the Megami Tensei series. Wait, what??? That's right, there were two Megami Tensei games on the NES before this one, but this is the first in the "Shin" series we all know and love. It's the first to divorce itself from the novel adaptation that the original two were, and blossom into something all it's own. I think it's important for any fan to have a firm understanding of where a series came from, so I always try to take it upon myself to play the first games in every series I enjoy. So I've decided to play Shin Megami Tensei on my iPhone!

What??? Yep, I figured it shouldn't be too much of an issue since it's primerily menu driven. There's still some frustration caused by misclicks, but it's tolerable and not game-ruining.

This brings be to the main point of this thread, though. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing in this game. Everything seems to work so differently, so I'm having trouble with how obtuse the game can be. Guides on the game are also really hard to find and are honestly just not as intuitively conveyed as ones for Shin Megami Tensei 4 were. So I'm asking you all for help. I'm sure there are very few who have actually played this game, since the only way to play it used to be through tons with fan translated text, but I'm hoping that someone can be by guiding light on this journey! If not, no worries. Once I beat the game, I'll take on that mantle for someone else! (And then I'll move on to SMT II )

There will obviously be story spoilers posted here, so if you don't want to know, GET OUT. In all seriousness though, I'll be posting pictures regularly to document my progress as well as some commentary on things I like and dislike, so if anyone just wants to lurk or read along, feel free!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So where am I in the game? Well the last major event that has happened is that JUNO was kidnapped- oh.

Main hero = SPENCER               Law hero = KYLE            Chaos hero = ANTHONY       Neutral heroine = JUNO

Anyway, JUNO was just kidnapped by some guy. Don't remember. But I'm talking about the real JUNO, not KYLE's girlfriend and my neighbor. So I went back to (Shinjuko?) because apparently that's where I'm supposed to go. I'm also here to catch some demons to fuse because mine SUCK.

I guess my main question to start is how should I build KYLE and ANTHONY? I'm shooting for the Neutral path, and I've read some confusing advice about not making them strong. I'm assuming it's because I'll be murdering them eventually. Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated!

Around the Network

Right, so I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do next. The person who kidnapped JUNO is Yuriko, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Every walk through I've looked at tells me to go to this building to the west, but when I do, a soldier blocks my way. Has ANYONE played this game???

Does anyone have any interest in this thread preceding?? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

I figured out what I had to do, btw. There was a conversation I missed in one of the bars of the Shinjuku mall. Very easy to miss.