By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - World of Final Fantasy - Impressions

So personally I was hyped for WoFF from the very first trailer and it's finally here so let's start talking about it.

WoFF starts really slow. There's lots of cutscenes in the beginning. It's not that those cutscenes are bad but combined with the huge amount of tutorials your gameplay is interrupted all the time. I understand it's a necessary evil, it's just a bit too long. There's also a lot of management in the beginning and it can feel overwhelming. Your mirages gain so much levels so you need to manage the mirage board all the time and finding out a good stack setup (4 stacks) takes time. Then there are the shortcut setups and managing the huge amount of mirages you get in the beginning. It's a lot of work. Using the healing skills outside battle is too complicated, but that is a minor problem. That's about it for the negatives.

Once you get past all that WoFF becomes much better and it's legit funny. Sidequests are done really well and it feels there's always something for you to do. You have a lot of freedom developing your stacks and it becomes fun once you have a solid vision what you want to achieve. Artstyle has grown on me, it's charming and works for this game. Judging by these early impressions WoFF is definitely not a traditional FF game but it's still great on its own.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

Damn, you stole my thread.
How much have you played so far?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I just thought it was weird nobody was talking about WoFF so I did it.

I've played around 15h. I'm thinking if my next project would be revisiting all those early places I did not have access back then. You?

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

WC4Life said:
vivster said:

I just thought it was weird nobody was talking about WoFF so I did it.

I've played around 15h. I'm thinking if my next project would be revisiting all those early places I did not have access back then. You?

I'm chapter 8 now and I think I have everything so far. Visited everything and got pretty much every Mirage I could get. I think I'm a bit behind the Colloseum and the Interventions.

Still looking for my focus. I actually hate the fact that those human bastards are part of every stack. They're just absololute dead weight. If at least you could level them and customize their abilities but they're just boring filler that take up space for a way better mirage.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I'm chapter 8 now and I think I have everything so far. Visited everything and got pretty much every Mirage I could get. I think I'm a bit behind the Colloseum and the Interventions.

Still looking for my focus. I actually hate the fact that those human bastards are part of every stack. They're just absololute dead weight. If at least you could level them and customize their abilities but they're just boring filler that take up space for a way better mirage.

Colosseum is a god send, makes capturing mirages so much easier. Have you done the first Colosseum intervention, the best sidequest I've done yet. You are right about those humans being a waste in a stack. There's so many interesting mirages but only 4 can be in a battle so it's difficult to choose just 4. Mirajewels let you customize the humans a bit but it takes time to gather a good collection. Haven't tried multiplayer yet but it's something I've always wanted, to battle against human opponents with traditional FF battle system.

Around the Network

I"ve played a few hours into it and I am loving it! I know JRPG takes a while to get into with all the new things they have to teach you but its very fun, good controls and the story's got my attention.

My friend compared this to a FF Pokemon type game, I'm guessing the mirages are where they're similar?

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now. I'm capturing new Mirages every minute but it gets harder and harder to differentiate them. What this game needs would be a solid compare menu. The current mirage and ability menu is an atrocity.

Sadly it won't be before Thursday that I get my strategy guide. I really need a Mirage chart to plan my setups.

Decided to get rid off some sidequests so I went through pretty much every area again. Fought all those murkrifts that were too powerful before, captured mirages which I didn't have the necessary skills before, found some secret areas (not really secret but the game says so), fought some coloseum battles and did few of those kill x-number monster quests.

It was surprising how many chests there still was since I thought I had searched thoroughly the first time, some are hidden very well and maybe still are. Joyrides seem to move a bit faster so it helps revisiting earlier areas. It's good idea to always have full set of those mirage abilities with you that let you reach those optional paths.

About those kill x-number monster quests. What the fuck was Square thinking? If 5 mirages are terrorizing some area, why couldn't they be visible like some other mirages? No, you are at the mercy of RNG-gods...fuck you Square. That's about it, you'll find out and you'll feel the same.

Menus are too slow and laggy when this kind of game needs menus to be fast and snappy.

Game is still good, don't get me wrong. I just did a lot of the grindy stuff out of the way.

edit: oh I forgot...make sure you always have at least one seraphone.

I want this Game but currently I am going thru FFX-2 which I didnt play on ps2 cuz it was so gay the dressing and stuff, but since it came with FFX, I dont want to leave it without playing it... But back to the OP... Is the battle system fun? I Know about the slow start, coz FFX takes like 3-4 hours to really Take off

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.