By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

Kerotan said:
justagamer25 said:
Xbox should continue it's streak with October as people hold off for the pro and gears release. Logic says a Sony win in November but I can see a ridiculous price for the XB1 OG to clear remaining stock on Black Friday making it closer then people expect.

It must really hurt Microsofts profit margins having to sell off so many consoles at heavily discounted prices. 

Definitely but this gen above any before is about install base. If backwards compatibility becomes the norm people will be less inclined to jump to another ecosystem. Even people with steam don't like buying on other services and that's not even hardware.

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
Snoopy said:
With Gears, Halo, Forza, 4k blu ray and more. It is worth getting the xbox one imo.

It has been worth getting an XB1 for a while now. Even though I just got mine this past Friday I feel it has been worth getting one. Gears is what sold me though....it was my favorite game on XB360 so when it released I hoped on board....and bought KI, Ryse, SO, QB and FH3 along with it!

I with those kind of deals you can purchase 2-3 Xbox One (with a lot of games) for the price of 1.

Hooooly crap. NBA 2K17 sold 1306K!!!! America wants some basketball.

justagamer25 said:
Kerotan said:

It must really hurt Microsofts profit margins having to sell off so many consoles at heavily discounted prices. 

Definitely but this gen above any before is about install base. If backwards compatibility becomes the norm people will be less inclined to jump to another ecosystem. Even people with steam don't like buying on other services and that's not even hardware.

People  that use Steam do that because they have a lot of deals and there is little to no competition in the PC market.

The console that you had, the one that is capable of playing your old games, doesn't turn into ashes after you purchase a new one

#1 NBA2K - 1.3m up 18%YoY
#2 Madden - 730k (790k including bundles) down 14%YoY / LTD 1.65m down 13% YoY
#3 Fifa - 444k down 30% YoY

@AstronautClaire on Twitter

Around the Network

Around 150k range for FH3. Not bad!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

i highly doubt that the ps4 slim is a flop, is it even fair to compare the actual Xbox One S(which is an upgraded xbox one) to the PS4 Slim(which is just a smaller ps4)?

barneystinson69 said:

Wait, isn't that the only first party game that came out that month? d:

barneystinson69 said:

Frankly, I think it deserves more sales than that.

aLkaLiNE said:
barneystinson69 said:

Wait, isn't that the only first party game that came out that month? d:

Just to put it into perspective.
Driveclub sold 42k units frist month NPD

the only "big" first party game release that month