By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video review: Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1)

Forgot to post this here, I know a few of you guys seem to enjoy when I shamelessly plug my crap here, so I figured better late than never!  lol

This was one of a small handful of games that I actually had suggested to me by larger YouTube game reviewers, ones that had a part in inspiring my channel.  I met up with four of those people at TooManyGames this year and while talking asked them to recommend games they'd like to see more people review.  This one, Brave Fencer Musashi, was recommended by SomecallmeJohnny - I think I've chatted with at least a handful of people here that know his stuff.  This is a longer review, be warned - since it's a 12 or so hour RPG, there's a lot to cover, even more so considering this game has a lot of flaws in my opinion.  But, I'm actually really happy with how this one turned out, so I'd say it's worth the time!  

If you're not familiar with Musashi, it was a lesser-known Action-RPG on the PS1, made by Squaresoft right in between FFVII and VIII.  It got tangled up in a really heavy release schedule (coming out just a month before Zelda: OoT), but in recent years has become somewhat of a cult classic.  Anyway, here's the link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFFm-pPBOQ

If you've played Musashi before, let me know, I'd love to discuss the game with other people!  There's not a very active community for this game, so I've actually yet to speak to somebody else who's beaten it besides Johnny.  There's a lot I'd like to discuss, but not enough people to discuss it with!  And obviously, let me know what you think about the video!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!