By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tesco: NX listed for £349.99

$450

Too much! 278 79.43%

Too little! 23 6.57%

Just Right!! 49 14.00%

Total:350

if price means quality, then take my money

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
JRPGfan said:

Yeah this doesnt make sense to me either LastStarFighter.

If its a 500Gflop cheap Mobile chip from nvidia, then I dont see why it needs to be priced high.

It being affordable will mean it will sell more, and thus will get better game support from nintendo and others.

Probably because it doesn't want something that's just what you described. It would be disappointing.

Honestly at this point, Im okayish with it.

If nintendo really dont give 2 flying f***s about 3rd party, and they dont think graphics matter that much, then just be affordable is fine for me.

They ll be that 2nd console buy, everyone that has a PS4 or Xbox One, get anyways to play mario&zelda.

Also if its a tablet, its limited how much power you can stuff into it anyways, so I rather they go power effecient and cheap, than pack too much in there, make it expensive and have a batterylife that only lasts like 1hour on the go.

Just a placeholder

Can lower it any time they want, aka when Nitnendo officially reveals the price

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mar1217 said:
JRPGfan said:

Yeah this doesnt make sense to me either LastStarFighter.

If its a 500Gflop cheap Mobile chip from nvidia, then I dont see why it needs to be priced high.

It being affordable will mean it will sell more, and thus will get better game support from nintendo and others.

Probably because it doesn't want something that's just what you described. It would be disappointing.

Exactly.  I want the system to offer something desireble.  Either in good graphics tech or some other new experience.  I don't want a cheap system.  I can pick up an NES for $60 this fall if I want simple, dated tech.  Give me something fresh and cool.

CaptainExplosion said:
ktay95 said:
Really?? EB Games here in Aus listed it for $999 ages ago, we've known about its price for awhile now. This isn't anything new.

That's even stupider than what Tesco is claiming. Where are these outrageous prices even coming from?!

Standard placeholder price here for a console. If they quote it at $300 and I preorder one but then it costs $400 they have to give it to me for $300. That's why they overprice preorder by a lot until the official price is announced.

Around the Network

That's exciting

Makes sense, lure some early adopters and make the big bucks, then, 4 to 6 months later, cut 50 dollars. Rinse and repeat.

Early adopters deserve to suffer, they are all idiots. I bought the Xbox One in the day it was released here in Brazil, and paid the price for being this stupid: broken controler and kinect camera, terrible games (except for Dead Rising 3, which was AMAZING).

That said, I intend to buy the NX day one, hurts so good. =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Time and time again we see stuff like this happen, by now everyone should be dismissing it at first glance.

CaptainExplosion said:
ktay95 said:

Standard placeholder price here for a console. If they quote it at $300 and I preorder one but then it costs $400 they have to give it to me for $300. That's why they overprice preorder by a lot until the official price is announced.

Well it's not doing any good. All it's done so far is piss people off.

It's not?? Last I checked 1 or more preorder is better than none which is how many they would have if there was no price tag.

Obvuiously a placeholder.