By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Catherine Review - The Golden Bolt

This one's been a long time coming, but I finally got it out! Catherine was always a game that piqued my interest but it took a couple good friends really pushing me to review it for me to finally play it. Obviously there's a lot of plot discussion here, but there are spoiler tags for you to skip if you'd like, and I only discuss the ending I got. 

Anybody else here play Catherine? Which endings did you get? And if you haven't played it yet, I definitely recommend it! If you're on the fence, I go into full detail about its shortcomings and successes, as I usually try to. It's a long one though, because of the plot section!

Link: https://youtu.be/COavyYGYxF8

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

I got one of the Catherine endings. With the creepy old dude in my bed. Nice to have a moral choice system that doesn't make one choice clearly the "good one".

JWeinCom said:
I got one of the Catherine endings. With the creepy old dude in my bed. Nice to have a moral choice system that doesn't make one choice clearly the "good one".

Oh I watched that one online. That one is amazing! I like all of the endings even if the True Order ending is a bit closer to "canon" if there is one with that game

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I loved Catherine so much! I don't remember which ending I got but the overall story was dope. And the game could be brutally hard sometimes which added to the madness. I wonder if we'll ever get a sequel. I never thought we'd get a sequel to Nier so who knows with Catherine. As far as I know it sold well enough.

Boutros said:
I loved Catherine so much! I don't remember which ending I got but the overall story was dope. And the game could be brutally hard sometimes which added to the madness. I wonder if we'll ever get a sequel. I never thought we'd get a sequel to Nier so who knows with Catherine. As far as I know it sold well enough.

It'd be a little tough to do it just because the game is so revolved around the initial reveal of its themes. I could only see Atlus doing it if they found a good story for it, since the gameplay is an afterthought. But then it wouldn't necessarily be Catherine without...well, Catherine. And the story is wrapped up nicely in most of the true endings.

I'd love to see a new one too though, it's just hard to see right now. But like you said, Nier did it so why not?

Around the Network

Tag.