By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Where are my couch managers? Poland vs Portugal

Tagged games:

-What formations will be used today regarding both teams?

-What player(s) will make the difference to galvanize the team?

-Who is going to control the game and what will be the factor to cause the domination?

-I don't know much about Poland can someone profile the team?

I anticipate a highly tactical and intense game. However, some moments of the game will be really boring due to mutual respect.

Around the Network

This place would be a great start to ask these questions.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=183768&page=1#

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

What place is that? It looks like a battlefiled for nation wars.

Goatseye said:
vivster said:

It is! Sprinkled with some good ol' racism to spice things up.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

portugal are favourites, but poland will have little pressure as they have probably exceeded expectations. portugal will have most of the ball time and poland looking for quick counters with lewandowski. if no one scores early on it could easilly go for extra time as both teams will be too afraid to risk.

renato sanches should finally start on the main lineup for portugal and that will add a lot of pace to the midfield.

should be a fun game to watch even for outsiders. things might get chaotic after the 1st goal goes in

Around the Network
vivster said:
Goatseye said:

Oh please, I don't wanna read a wall of text here XD

Soccer conversations in there have been turning into Ireland vs England and extra sport type of stuff

Do you know anything about Poland style of play? I've seen them play in Euro16 but it's not enough to judge because I read that they were impressive in the qualification stage.

setsunatenshi said:
portugal are favourites, but poland will have little pressure as they have probably exceeded expectations. portugal will have most of the ball time and poland looking for quick counters with lewandowski. if no one scores early on it could easilly go for extra time as both teams will be too afraid to risk.

renato sanches should finally start on the main lineup for portugal and that will add a lot of pace to the midfield.

should be a fun game to watch even for outsiders. things might get chaotic after the 1st goal goes in

Portugal line up and players in the midfield don't resonate with your possession theory.

Goatseye said:
vivster said:

Soccer conversations in there have been turning into Ireland vs England and extra sport type of stuff

Do you know anything about Poland style of play? I've seen them play in Euro16 but it's not enough to judge because I read that they were impressive in the qualification stage.

If you want to know about Poland's football prowess you might want to talk to Rol directly. Or if you want the opinion of someone who actually understands football you'd better ask Scisca.

My opinion is that they have so far proven nothing. Their inability to score goals despite having some serious talents in their attack reminds me of Holland, but their team is overall lower quality. If they actually manage to beat Portugal today that is gonna be on Portugal alone.

vivster said:
Goatseye said:

If you want to know about Poland's football prowess you might want to talk to Rol directly. Or if you want the opinion of someone who actually understands football you'd better ask Scisca.

My opinion is that they have so far proven nothing. Their inability to score goals despite having some serious talents in their attack reminds me of Holland, but their team is overall lower quality. If they actually manage to beat Portugal today that is gonna be on Portugal alone.

I hope Scisca doesn't see this post. :-s

Can they control the game if Portugal relinquishes possession? because that's what Portugal is going to do. They have 3 center and 1 defensive midfielders just to stop Poland's defense and feed Ronaldo and Nani. Two of the most creative of their midfielders are injured and they have less decision makers in the middle.

Goatseye said:
setsunatenshi said:

Portugal line up and players in the midfield don't resonate with your possession theory.

portugal does not play with a striker, nani and ronaldo are the most attacking players. renato sanches will make a world of a difference just like he did for benfica this season. hear me now, quote me later. portugal will have most of the possession today and poland will be looking for the fast counters.