By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Key events for the Xbox360 in 2008...

Here are my top 5 key upcoming events that could help boost the console this year:

1. GTAIV - It's the biggest, and he who gets the biggest slice of the biggest pie will come away happy.

2. Jasper - RROD may not cost you any money... But it does hurt the consoles reputation a little. Getting rid of it with a 65nm GPU shrink could get quite a few people who've held off to purchase the console.

3. Gears of war 2 - Of course, it's the 2nd biggest exclusive franchise, but it's already made it's mark so it's not first.

4. Fallout 3 - Microsoft is almost certain to pick up over 3/4 of all gamers that buy a console due to this game. It's big too as well. Furthermore it's new blood to the console arena, and not just getting people who already own a console to buy it.

5. Splinter Cell Conviction - It's a big name in its own right, if they can pull off what they're planning then it could sell big.

Notable mention: Everything else, lots of good games that are exclusive+all the good multiplatform ones.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19165

Tease.

Around the Network

1/ GTA4
==> I agree THIS IS THE BIGGEST MS EVENT (same for sony in a way)

2/ Jasper
==> this a non event for gamers in general. Just see what has done Falcon : not a lot.

3/ Gear of War
==> Big event number 2 for me. But they need more than just an gfx update. The Xbox360 is not alone this year ...

4/ Fallout3
==> it is a non event : too many PC targeted game and multiplateform PS3/360. It will not shift a lot of console on the Xbox360 side.
NOTE : I m VERY interested by this game, seems promising.

5/ SCC
==> I agree again. SCC has grow up over the year and if they succeed to include the "Assassin Creed deplacement system" in the game, they could bring the game to a new dimension. AND it is an Xbox360 exclusive title !!!!!!!!

Note :
I still think
GTA4 >>> any others game on the Xbox360 side
because it is the only one PS2 targeted game that can move big amount of hardware when all the others are Xbox/Xbox360 targeted game (like Gear of War).

Time to Work !

libellule said:
1/ GTA4
==> I agree THIS IS THE BIGGEST MS EVENT (same for sony in a way)

2/ Jasper
==> this a non event for gamers in general. Just see what has done Falcon : not a lot.

3/ Gear of War
==> Big event number 2 for me. But they need more than just an gfx update. The Xbox360 is not alone this year ...

4/ Fallout3
==> it is a non event : too many PC targeted game and multiplateform PS3/360. It will not shift a lot of console on the Xbox360 side.
NOTE : I m VERY interested by this game, seems promising.

5/ SCC
==> I agree again. SCC has grow up over the year and if they succeed to include the "Assassin Creed deplacement system" in the game, they could bring the game to a new dimension. AND it is an Xbox360 exclusive title !!!!!!!!

Note :
I still think
GTA4 >>> any others game on the Xbox360 side
because it is the only one PS2 targeted game that can move big amount of hardware when all the others are Xbox/Xbox360 targeted game (like Gear of War).

GTAIV - Agreed you're 100% right there.

Jasper - Ok, I concede you're right about that one and I was wrong! Hehe

Fallout 3 - I disagree and agree: This franchise is one of the most critically acclaimed and fans are eager for a sequal. This is a very accessible game, so it should appeal to a wide audience. I am expecting 3-6 million sales over all 3 platforms for this game if it meets expectations. The developer is a very solid one and what i've seen so far indicates it should. This should be one of the top games for 2008 between 360/PS/PC. It may not sell a huge number of consoles... But if it does most should come to the Xbox side anyways. PC gamers will want to keep in touch with as many PC franchises that they can.

Gears... I agree

SCC - Yep pretty much as I was thinking.

1. GTA 2. GOW. 3. ? 4. SCC - Its big 5. ? I think it really depends on how well some of those other exclusives are pulled off. They are either too niche or too unknown to really gauge how they will influence the consoles position. Theres potential for surprise in that list of exclusives im sure.

Tease.

Fallout 3 : I dont know but I thought the game was a hardcore game. And if u want to sell RPG on console I suppose you have to be REALLY good or to be called "FF".

Alan Wake : not sure if it will be released on 2008

and

Banjoo/Kazooie : it is still hard to know if the game will be a casual or a hardcore game but at least, it is a quite famous and good game from the last gen.

Time to Work !

I agree on Gears and GTA (million sellers). SC not, but that's only cause I don't like the game. Fallout 3, we'll just have to wait and see.

Jasper can't fix a reputation, but I hope for MS the problems are solved.

Notable mention: Sony and Nintendo also got nice exclusives and at least Sony has got 3rd party support too, but I'm sure Nintendo will get that support too in time.

Around the Network

Wow, a bunch of lame games.

Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tales of V are two of the best exclusives for any console this year. They're easily better than the hype only games on your list.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

ConAir said:
I agree on Gears and GTA (million sellers). SC not, but that's only cause I don't like the game. Fallout 3, we'll just have to wait and see.

Jasper can't fix a reputation, but I hope for MS the problems are solved.

Notable mention: Sony and Nintendo also got nice exclusives and at least Sony has got 3rd party support too, but I'm sure Nintendo will get that support too in time.

Tales of V and Ninja Gaiden are two of my own eagerly awaited games. I was looking for games with impact, wide appeal and possibly large sales. Too human looks nice too, but the gameplay could be very hit or miss. A difficult game to pull off IMHO... But if they do it well, they will secure the Xbox an impressive exclusive franchise.

So what games do you think will make the biggest impact?

Tease.

@Squilliam:

I don't think any games will make an impact at all, because the 360 is finished. I think the 360 is a console you must own if you like to play good game this gen. In terms of console wars, it's been over for the 360 for months now. And, for that reason, I think you should have listed the games that will be great for us 360 owners to play instead of games that are supposed to move consoles.

Personaly, I think Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to be one of the best games ever. I fully expect it to outscore Metal Gear Solid 4 on gamerankings.com. A game with that type of quality should make any list.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

How is fallout 3 a big event for the X360?!... Last time i checked the game was still coming out on the PS3!...

Btw: I DO want that game though! It looks really cool!

THE NETHERLANDS

""Personaly, I think Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to be one of the best games ever.

==> it is just a beat them all. We are not even sure it could beat DMC4
GFX seem good but not amazing (as DMC4)
Gameplay seem good but not really new (as DMC4)

NG fan will purchase it day one but I doubt it will be so fantastic.

Time to Work !