By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Golden Bolt Reviews: Super Mario Bros. AND The Lost Levels

After a short delay due to a packed last couple weeks at work and other stuff, I'm back with another review. Or rather, two! I felt like playing some NES platformers and I hadn't played Mario in a while, so for the next couple weeks I'm doing an NES Mario marathon!

https://youtu.be/4srBK4M05Lk

And I'm still taking suggestions for games to do, although admittedly I probably won't pick out of a hat until like July at this point because I had some plans change for Toomanygames this year. Either way, suggest away if you have any games you wanna see me do, and feedback is always appreciated!

(I'll check back later, I'm at work right now while posting this lol)

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Just checked your Mega Man review. It was their first game in the franchise and it actually has some flaws and odd design choices, and that's what makes Mega Man 2 even more awesome and perfect.

As for the strange cover art work.... check out The Guardian Legend on the NES. By far it is my most beloved game on the NES ever. Nothing comes close to it.

Japanese Cover Art:

Europe:

USA:

This game need more attention

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I don't completely agree with everything, but it was a really good review! Subscribed!

Please keep sharing these with us!

Peh said:

Just checked your Mega Man review. It was their first game in the franchise and it actually has some flaws and odd design choices, and that's what makes Mega Man 2 even more awesome and perfect.

As for the strange cover art work.... check out The Guardian Legend on the NES. By far it is my most beloved game on the NES ever. (snip)

Having gone through all the classic MM games in the span of a month around this time last year, I can't wait until I decide to do 2 for that very reason. 

And I've never actually heard guardian legend, I'll have to do some research on that one!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I don't completely agree with everything, but it was a really good review! Subscribed!

My bad on the double post, I missed your comment somehow and I want to make sure you get the quote bump on your end. I was just curious about what parts you disagreed with. It's possible that I just worded something poorly in recording - I missed a couple of minor elaboration lines that I wanted to do but forgot to write in the script so it could be one of those lol

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

My bad on the double post, I missed your comment somehow and I want to make sure you get the quote bump on your end. I was just curious about what parts you disagreed with. It's possible that I just worded something poorly in recording - I missed a couple of minor elaboration lines that I wanted to do but forgot to write in the script so it could be one of those lol

Not big disagreements at all! Just little stuff. I think SMB holds up really well in 2016. I replayed the game late last year and loved it :)

But for the most part I think you're right on! I totally agree about the importance of Miyamoto's steady hand, and the elegant simplicity of the game.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DivinePaladin said:

Not big disagreements at all! Just little stuff. I think SMB holds up really well in 2016. I replayed the game late last year and loved it :)

But for the most part I think you're right on! I totally agree about the importance of Miyamoto's steady hand, and the elegant simplicity of the game.

Oh okay, I gotcha! I read "don't completely agree" as "have some disagreements" lol.